• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Would you vote for One Nation?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
@Big Mick; ^^^

You talking about this Steve?

"Indeed, how much data do you want? Richard Muller, a former prominent sceptic US scientist, re-examined 14 million temperature observations from 44,455 sites across the world going back to 1753. The results prompted a "total turnaround" in his views, as my colleague Ben Cubby wrote in 2012. "Our results show that the average temperature of the earth's land has risen by 2½ degrees fahrenheit over the past 250 years, including an increase of 1½ degrees over the most recent 50 years. Moreover, it appears likely that essentially all of this increase results from the human emission of greenhouse gases," Professor Muller wrote." ...........

"One Nation also demands a "review the Bureau of Meteorology to ensure independence and accountability for weather and climate records including public justification of persistent upward adjustments to historical climate records", while the CSIRO must also be investigated."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/env...-with-q&a-climate-claims-20160815-gqt9a4.html

Aren't Cows largely responsible for the Greenhouse effect as well??? Their farting produces methane gas??? [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION];

@Big Mick; ^^^

You talking about this Steve?

"Indeed, how much data do you want? Richard Muller, a former prominent sceptic US scientist, re-examined 14 million temperature observations from 44,455 sites across the world going back to 1753. The results prompted a "total turnaround" in his views, as my colleague Ben Cubby wrote in 2012. "Our results show that the average temperature of the earth's land has risen by 2½ degrees fahrenheit over the past 250 years, including an increase of 1½ degrees over the most recent 50 years. Moreover, it appears likely that essentially all of this increase results from the human emission of greenhouse gases," Professor Muller wrote." ...........

"One Nation also demands a "review the Bureau of Meteorology to ensure independence and accountability for weather and climate records including public justification of persistent upward adjustments to historical climate records", while the CSIRO must also be investigated."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/env...-with-q&a-climate-claims-20160815-gqt9a4.html

Is there anyone these turkeys don't want an investigation or commission into?

Aren't Cows largely responsible for the Greenhouse effect as well??? Their farting produces methane gas??? @Bazza20;

Cows fart but in my case, dairy farming is esentially turning carbon doxide from the atmosphere into meat and milk.

Thats never going to get taken into account though. We will get charged for cow farts but the carbon that gets converted to food won't count. You'll be able to get carbon credits from tree plantations but don't from growing grass or other forage.

I agree with the carbon trading system in theory but the implemation, we will see how that pans out.

..........Moreover, it appears likely that essentially all of this increase results from the human emission of greenhouse gases," Professor Muller wrote." ...........

Just an observation but that doesn't look like a very scientific or even factual conclusion, coming from a scientist.

Just an observation but that doesn't look like a very scientific or even factual conclusion, coming from a scientist.

"On the balance of probabilities" perhaps. Maybe even, "beyond reasonable doubt".

LMAO, 250 years....Seriously?? Are they kidding??

This has been happening for BILLIONS of years around 4.5 Billon years to be exact.

"It appears likely"..lol, so no proof at all that any of this is linked to humans and anything we do. Just a wild guess bases on data collected over the blink of an eye taken out of context.

So much for Steve's undeniable evidence.

"APPEARS LIKELY" Quoted from English language usage dictionary:

"it appears likely" shows much less conviction than "it is likely", and conveys a lower expectation that the following statement will be proven true.

The phrase has other meanings, as well: one might say "It appears likely that X is true, but...", indicating that the speaker does not believe X is true (or may even know X to be false), but does think that a casual observer without his/her special knowledge would consider X to likely be true.

Imagine if the local Magistrate said, it appears likely that Steve robbed the old lady therefor I sentence him to 12 years hard labour with no parole:p

Last edited:
LMAO, 250 years....Seriously?? Are they kidding??

This has been happening for BILLIONS of years around 4.5 Billon years to be exact.

"It appears likely"..lol, so no proof at all that any of this is linked to humans and anything we do. Just a wild guess bases on data collected over the blink of an eye taken out of context.

So much for Steve's undeniable evidence.

"APPEARS LIKELY" Quoted from English language usage dictionary:

"it appears likely" shows much less conviction than "it is likely", and conveys a lower expectation that the following statement will be proven true.

The phrase has other meanings, as well: one might say "It appears likely that X is true, but...", indicating that the speaker does not believe X is true (or may even know X to be false), but does think that a casual observer without his/her special knowledge would consider X to likely be true.

Imagine if the local Magistrate said, it appears likely that Steve robbed the old lady therefor I sentence him to 12 years hard labour with no parole:p

mick don't pick out a couple of loose terms from a Brisbane times article as your "evidence" that man made climate change doesn't exist. It's stupider than posting YouTube clips from conspiracy theory nut jobs.

You still haven't told us who this big company is who profits from falsifying man made climate change. Well there is a lot you can't explain with your claims isnt there.

Last edited:
mick don't pick out a couple of loose terms from a Brisbane times article as your "evidence" that man made climate change doesn't exist. It's stupider than posting YouTube clips from conspiracy theory nut jobs.

You still haven't told us who this big company is who profits from falsifying man made climate change. Well there is a lot you can't explain with your claims isnt there.

Probably not as much as there is with your claims, no one has yet managed to demonstrate or show that man made climate change exists, all we have seen is people taking guesses and just saying it does without any evidence.

Please post up evidence that it does exist. No one has as there is none. So far the best we have is a so called scientist claiming that it 'appears likely' based on a 2.5 degree temperature rise over 250 years, that is just ludicrous.

Yes today was warmer than yesterday, must be global warming due to me driving to work yesterday, nothing to do with the fact that winter is coming to an end, or that the planet we live on is going through it's natural cycle of heating and cooling, just like it has done for the past 4.5 billion years. I really can't believe that people are so gullible and outright stupid and believe it without a shred of evidence.

But then again there are still people in 2016 that believe that their imaginary friend is better than someone else's imaginary friend and are willing to kill for it, while others are happy to pay $5 for a bottle of tap water at the servo, when it comes out of the tap for free, funny thing is it seems to be the same people...

But then again there are still people in 2016 that believe that their imaginary friend is better than someone else's imaginary friend and are willing to kill for it, while others are happy to pay $5 for a bottle of tap water at the servo, when it comes out of the tap for free, funny thing is it seems to be the same people...
You won't see Barry disagreeing with you on the imaginary friend topic Big Man. At least you two are in agreement over something now. That's a good start...

Damn those fundamentalist extremist climate change conspirator fools are susceptible to western capitalist marketing!

EVA0100_2.png

839 words is what you're looking at reading. If you can't be bothered, I'll spell out what I still want from you in one word: evidence.

I say Islam you say ISIS. Are you bored? Please tell me that you're older than 11, because my 11 year old knows the difference between Islam and ISIS. So apply some effort if you think it's worth your time, otherwise do the world a favour and let it go.I live with 6 females, I swear they'd laugh at you if you were to mention that to them. I can't believe what you're writing, are you seriously serious, or has the denial of your blind hatred incapacitated your arrogant mind to think? Yet again, I should know better, as I've already described your mind as one that is intransigent, so perhaps you've got yourself a loophole. I don't accept though. If you're capable of insulting Islam (whilst sitting behind your computer screen), then you should be able to substantiate your garbage accusations. So we're still waiting for some evidence from the man who is anti-bullshit. This is like me debating a Christian and bringing the Mormons or the Ku Klux klan as evidence for whatever point I was aiming to prove against the Christian religion. Give me a break!

This is proof that you're not serious about a very serious topic. It's common ignorance amongst the willfully ignorant, at least get that right.

It's your business what you choose to be, anti-Muslim or anti-bullshit. You need to grow up and deal with the situation like a man and stop relying on your arrogance and macho attitude to get you by, it's not working. Act tough and be as offensive as you like, all of it reflects on your own character and not mine. And like I told you, you're the best judge of your own character, and you're certainly doing an incredible job at displaying it. You say you're anti-bullshit, yet when given the chance to expose Islam for how you describe it, you fail miserably, claiming it's common knowledge. I call that arrogance of the highest order, only to be superseded by your ignorance of the subject at hand. How would you label such a person?

If so, what have you personally learnt from such historical events? I can answer that for you: zilch/zero! Would you like some proof that you have learnt absolutely nothing? I'll give you a hint..., a very similar scenario is being played out right now as I type my words. Can you guess who the players are? More importantly, can you take a wild guess on whose side you are on? If you want the answers with proof and evidence based on what you've been writing so far, let me know..., no need for WIKI when I've got your words in black and white right here on the forum. Yehp, it's time you've woken up, this is not some joke you're dealing with.

Personally, I don't give a damn what you think I'm doing or not doing on the forum, it's non of your business. If you don't like what I write, don't read it, it's really that simple. But you can't help yourself I know your type, plenty of insults with no substance in possession. It's a real shame really. We could have had some great discussions you and I, but you've chosen to be conflictive and superficial instead, based on no more than ignorance or some basic knowledge of the subject at hand. Apply some effort man, just like you do in the gym, do your brain a favour and feed it some correct information about a subject you know nothing about save what other haters like you call common knowledge.

I'll let you know when I'm ready to be dictated to by you or anyone else for that matter. Until such time, go find yourself someone else you can play Mr. Dictator with OK. We don't like dictatorship here in Oz.

So, after all that all you can do is throw personal insults? Why not address the facts? You know: "evidence". Oh, right. Too uncomfortable.

Pity that you could not manfully address the simple current and historical facts that were posted. Dodging a weaving the unpleasant truth is evidence in itself of a bigoted attitude. Kind of like a catholic turning a blind eye to systematic paedophilia or a protestant ignoring the part played by their church in the last two world wars.

But don't worry, your faith is not based necessarily on truth or facts, just an accident of birth. You are no better or worse than a christian or a hindu or anyone else, who follows the religion in which they were brought up and who believe just as vehemently, or maybe even more so, that their beliefs are "right", despite evidence to the contrary.

I applaude that you live with 6 women who would laugh at female oppression. I bet they would not laugh so loud in Saudi Arabia. Maybe just a few snickers in private.

Maybe just a little less fake outrage and a little more humility to address the "evidence".

So, after all that all you can do is throw personal insults? Why not address the facts? You know: "evidence". Oh, right. Too uncomfortable.

Pity that you could not manfully address the simple current and historical facts that were posted. Dodging a weaving the unpleasant truth is evidence in itself of a bigoted attitude. Kind of like a catholic turning a blind eye to systematic paedophilia or a protestant ignoring the part played by their church in the last two world wars.

But don't worry, your faith is not based necessarily on truth or facts, just an accident of birth. You are no better or worse than a christian or a hindu or anyone else, who follows the religion in which they were brought up and who believe just as vehemently, or maybe even more so, that their beliefs are "right", despite evidence to the contrary.

I applaude that you live with 6 women who would laugh at female oppression. I bet they would not laugh so loud in Saudi Arabia. Maybe just a few snickers in private.

Maybe just a little less fake outrage and a little more humility to address the "evidence".

Anytime you want to have a debate, preferably an anti-bullshit type of a debate on Islam, I'm ready. It's your call.

I don't think (in fact I know so), that you (and possibly me) are not fully addressing the points as they ought to be addressed. At the end of the day, I genuinely believe that you're not interested in any truth coming from a believer, about a subject (Islam), which you don't believe in.

So why is that significant? Because we're not discussing Islam (or faith in God) vs atheism here, but Islam vs Islam, the way you understand it and the way I understand it.

Furthermore, I also believe that the level of respect between us is virtually non existent, making this whole exercise near impossible to progress forward. I'm willing to listen to what you have to say re Islam, however so far, you haven't touched on anything remotely resembling that Deen. To bring up the subject of the Taliban when it comes to women oppression is just one example of how you've totally missed the mark. ISIS is yet another example.

I promise you (and I hope that you believe me on this), I am in no way out to score some points here. Calling you ignorant does in no way put a smile on my face. But for you to sit there and pretend to know about something that I believe in and practice, is a bit much in my opinion.

Edit: what is the purpose of mentioning Saudi Arabia when you know full well my feelings re that criminal kingdom? Speaking against it makes you one with me. I thought you were aware of that. I'm being serious about this. I have given a talk at University re this very subject, and I called it: Oppressed women in Islam? Had I called it ...Oppressed women in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, ...you're welcome to go down the list of each and every country in the middle east. The middle east does not equal Islam, there's more Islam right here in Oz than there is in Saudi Arabia!

For your information, I chose agnosticism and atheism over Islam at a young age. So no, there's no accident in what I currently believe in. I was nearly 30 years old when I accepted Islam. Each to his own, as long as they don't hurt others (or themselves).

Last edited:
Anytime you want to have a debate, preferably an anti-bullshit type of a debate on Islam, I'm ready. It's your call.

Since when has a debate every proved anything? I have no interest in a debate. Debates don't change anything. They just score points, either + or -.

I don't think (in fact I know so), that you (and possibly me) are not fully addressing the points as they ought to be addressed. At the end of the day, I genuinely believe that you're not interested in any truth coming from a believer, about a subject (Islam), which you don't believe in.

Correct, only its not the "truth" that I am not interested in. Your "truth" is just your belief, which is no different or better than any other belief. To think that your belief is better or right compared to what anyone else on this forum believes is just typical bigotry.

Furthermore, I also believe that the level of respect between us is virtually non existent,

What, you don't respect me? I'm shattered. I thought you cared about me and my fellow forum members.

...making this whole exercise near impossible to progress forward.

Correct. Because you will never change your belief. What? You expected me to change mine? Well, there you go.

I'm willing to listen to what you have to say re Islam, however so far, you haven't touched on anything remotely resembling that Deen.

Who is Deen?

I don't think I have said much, personally, on Islam. I have just pointed to various articles that express an opinion or historical facts.

To bring up the subject of the Taliban when it comes to women oppression is just one example of how you've totally missed the mark. ISIS is yet another example.

Maybe you are right. Maybe the Taliban and ISIS are actually Scientologists or Falun Gong. Or Amish. Not Islamic/muslim. Tell me I'm wrong.

I promise you (and I hope that you believe me on this), I am in no way out to score some points here. Calling you ignorant does in no way put a smile on my face. But for you to sit there and pretend to know about something that I believe in and practice, is a bit much in my opinion.

So..... you have no idea what I know of in regard to Islam. You have no idea if I am a muslim myself. You have no idea of my past history, education, experience and contact with the Islamic beliefs. But I am considered ignorant. I think that makes you ignorant, and more so for using that as a defence of your inherited beliefs.

Well, maybe you should stop avoiding the real issues while trying to slide the spotlight away from the historical and current issues with this particular religion while using personal insult as a method to hide the obvious.

Edit: what is the purpose of mentioning Saudi Arabia when you know full well my feelings re that criminal kingdom? Speaking against it makes you one with me. I thought you were aware of that. I'm being serious about this. I have given a talk at University re this very subject, and I called it: Oppressed women in Islam? Had I called it ...Oppressed women in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, ...you're welcome to go down the list of each and every country in the middle east. The middle east does not equal Islam, there's more Islam right here in Oz than there is in Saudi Arabia!

The purpose was to use hyperbole. An extreme example to show the point.

Maybe the question you can answer (I'll make it a simple "yes/no" question so you don't have to snow job the forum with a full page reply) is this: Is Saudi Arabia a Muslim country?

Since when has a debate every proved anything? I have no interest in a debate. Debates don't change anything. They just score points, either + or -.

Correct, only its not the "truth" that I am not interested in. Your "truth" is just your belief, which is no different or better than any other belief. To think that your belief is better or right compared to what anyone else on this forum believes is just typical bigotry.

What, you don't respect me? I'm shattered. I thought you cared about me and my fellow forum members.

Correct. Because you will never change your belief. What? You expected me to change mine? Well, there you go.

Who is Deen?

I don't think I have said much, personally, on Islam. I have just pointed to various articles that express an opinion or historical facts.

Maybe you are right. Maybe the Taliban and ISIS are actually Scientologists or Falun Gong. Or Amish. Not Islamic/muslim. Tell me I'm wrong.

So..... you have no idea what I know of in regard to Islam. You have no idea if I am a muslim myself. You have no idea of my past history, education, experience and contact with the Islamic beliefs. But I am considered ignorant. I think that makes you ignorant, and more so for using that as a defence of your inherited beliefs.

Well, maybe you should stop avoiding the real issues while trying to slide the spotlight away from the historical and current issues with this particular religion while using personal insult as a method to hide the obvious.

The purpose was to use hyperbole. An extreme example to show the point.

Maybe the question you can answer (I'll make it a simple "yes/no" question so you don't have to snow job the forum with a full page reply) is this: Is Saudi Arabia a Muslim country?
Yet another wasted opportunity. And you're absolutely correct, I don't know if you are a former Muslim or not, but re your ignorance, that is self evident based on your written words.

Funny how you come back to Saudi Arabia after I wrote what I did. However to answer your question, Saudi Arabia is a Muslim majority country. Muslim and Islam are not one and the same. An Islamist and a Muslim are not the same. Islamic and Muslim are not the same. You need to do some proper research on the subject. Deen? I've already explained what that is on this forum. Deen means a total way of life.

Now tell me, what is the purpose of this discussion? What exactly are you out to prove?

Yet another wasted opportunity. And you're absolutely correct, I don't know if you are a former Muslim or not, but re your ignorance, that is self evident based on your written words.

Again with the insults. But I understand. You are talking from your point of view. From your point of view you are a follower of a religion which is "right" or "the truth" or something like that. Ergo, anyone with a different opinion must be wrong or ignorant or a heretic or a barbarian of some sort.

Unfortunately, that does not make you right. No more than the views of a hindu or animist or lutheran makes them right.

Funny how you come back to Saudi Arabia after I wrote what I did. However to answer your question, Saudi Arabia is a Muslim majority country. Muslim and Islam are not one and the same. An Islamist and a Muslim are not the same. Islamic and Muslim are not the same.

Maybe from your viewpoint. From the viewpoint of many others, they are one and the same. Maybe that's the issue. You seem hell bent on proving that your religion is one of peace and harmony, family oriented and promoting a healthy community. So do others who claim to be muslim following islam. But they hack peoples heads off and hand them to their kids. What are we expected to do? Read a news article then ask for a full breakdown of which sect of islam that person is from?

Muslim |ˈmʊzlɪm, ˈmʌz-, -s-| (also Moslem)
noun
a follower of the religion of Islam.
adjective
relating to Muslims or their religion.

Now tell me, what is the purpose of this discussion? What exactly are you out to prove?

I have no agenda. I'm not trying to prove anything. The purpose of the discussion, which you have masterfully sidestepped, is that a large portion of the islamic world is totalitarian.

I use that word acknowledging that there are gradients of totalitarianism, from the George Orwel 1984 version down to our local government. e.g. According to federal and/or local government, you must by law be registered to vote, pay for parking on streets that you have paid for, only buy alcohol over the age of 18, have license plates on your car, etc. Some may call that a form of totalitarian government. Others would just consider the restrictions a protection.

So, it seems that from your point of view, the more extreme forms of Islam in the Muslim world are not "real" islam. You want to separate the "bad" muslims from the "good" (moderate) muslims.

In the non muslim world, that don't fly.

Probably not as much as there is with your claims, no one has yet managed to demonstrate or show that man made climate change exists, all we have seen is people taking guesses and just saying it does without any evidence.

Please post up evidence that it does exist. No one has as there is none. So far the best we have is a so called scientist claiming that it 'appears likely' based on a 2.5 degree temperature rise over 250 years, that is just ludicrous.

Yes today was warmer than yesterday, must be global warming due to me driving to work yesterday, nothing to do with the fact that winter is coming to an end, or that the planet we live on is going through it's natural cycle of heating and cooling, just like it has done for the past 4.5 billion years. I really can't believe that people are so gullible and outright stupid and believe it without a shred of evidence.

Mick, ausbb isnt the definitive scientific source for man made climate change research. Look towards the environmental scientific journals.

There is a research review on 4000 papers and 97% of the research agreed with man made climate change. It's very easy to find. The consensus on climate change amoungst scientists in the field is very high.

Unless you have a Ph.D. In climate science your opinion on climate change is a valuable as your knowledge of chicken back ends.

The experts in their field have spent 10 years getting their Ph.D. And many other years researching climate. Yet after a couple YouTube clips a guy who can't even spend two minutes lifting up the tail of a chicken before shooting his mouth off knows better.

Last edited: