• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My 2014 Crossfit open Log

A lot of hate for Drew and his 450 at the moment. It's a bit of a grey area I reckon though. Females are allowed to go just below the knee if it is an unloaded bar. If it's a loaded bar it has to touch the ground. That's a double standard right there.

Good luck this arvo!

A lot of hate for Drew and his 450 at the moment. It's a bit of a grey area I reckon though. Females are allowed to go just below the knee if it is an unloaded bar. If it's a loaded bar it has to touch the ground. That's a double standard right there.

Good luck this arvo!

Guys can to they use the small plate, I managed a extra 12 reps today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but they should make the movement below the knee across the board. Regardless of what they say about Drew that bloke can do work!

Nice work!

Guys can to they use the small plate, I managed a extra 12 reps today

I didn't realise he was coping flack, I notice he didn't hit the ground on the first few rounds, I can't see any advantage to stoping so close to the floor, I guess rules are rules

Yeah for sure, that's just it, people are just blowing up because of the rules. The would be no advantage there, but people are saying a short rep is a short rep. Make it below the knee across the board to end it. If anything I think it would be harder to pull it up short.

People are also upset with Sam Briggs score because there was no clock in her footage lol, rules are rules. People don't seem to have much to say about scores worse than heir own, only better...

What sam Briggs did was plain out freaky that score is utterly nuts, as long as she had a registered judge she will be fine, I doubt hq would disqualify her over that, only need footage for 1 workout and I doubt they will call it for that one, there would be an uproar

I don't do crossfit but I hate not being able to do stuff so I just ordered a rope off of Rogue.
Will do a bit in the mornings.

had another go at the workout this morning, finally got a score I was happy with 6 rounds plus 30 double unders plus 4 snatch, total score 304, glad that is over

Awesome effort mate, well done. I never re-did mine, but I'm not signed up for the Open. Now that I can train consistently again I think I'll have a crack next year

Yeah im looking forward to next year already, I know I need to be a lot stronger so im going to spend a good portion of the year working on strength and my Olympic lifts, hopefully get up closer to the 90kg mark,
Next workout 14.2 comes out tomorrow, a lot of early predictions of a clean and jerk ladder style workout with wallballs or burpees, Im really hoping its something with a heavyish Olympic lift in it to level the playing field with all the cardio bunnies

I can't butterfly kip, but I would say they are average, I'll break them up from the start and try and not blow out to early, my hands

this weeks workout is every 3 mins 10 overhead squats(43kg) 10 chest to bar pullups(yes kipping is advised), every 3 minutes the reps go up by 2, I had a go today got to the second lot of 14 overhead squats and stopped at ten, so 126 reps was my score, I will have another go