• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Except that football has you in positions like the bottom of the squat and deadlift where you need to develop a lot of power under loads and rock climbing doesn't
Next question?

I never found myself in the squat postion on the footy field lol
Maybe you had too many hangers taken on you?

Hey D1cko, I just noticed this: Training Since December 2011
Best comp lifts: 210/125/280 (615kg) @117.4kg (13-7-14)
All time PB's 210/127.5/280
MY GOALS (end of 2014): 650+ total...

Are you right on schedule for a 35kg increase by year's end mate?

Hey D1cko, I just noticed this: Training Since December 2011
Best comp lifts: 210/125/280 (615kg) @117.4kg (13-7-14)
All time PB's 210/127.5/280
MY GOALS (end of 2014): 650+ total...

Are you right on schedule for a 35kg increase by year's end mate?

I hope so mate!! I do have a hiccup coming up, going to Scotland for 4 weeks...but I'll jump straight back in!!
I had an injury to start the year but had actual maxes of 180/120/250 (550) at the start of the year.

I hope so mate!! I do have a hiccup coming up, going to Scotland for 4 weeks...but I'll jump straight back in!!
I had an injury to start the year but had actual maxes of 180/120/250 (550) at the start of the year.
Looking at your squat weight D1cko, was it a knee injury or a lower back one. How tall are you by the way?

I never found myself in the squat postion on the footy field lol
Maybe you had too many hangers taken on you?

Lol players land from big jumps and then push off with one leg all the time in footy
If you can't see how squats and deadlifts benefit football players differently than a rock climber than you're deluded

Looking at your squat weight D1cko, was it a knee injury or a lower back one. How tall are you by the way?

Yeah I got a bit of painful tendonitis in my right hip joint. A consequence of trying out wide stance squats...
I achieved a 205kg squat some 12-18 months ago but I feel my form now puts me in a better position to improve.

Yeah I got a bit of painful tendonitis in my right hip joint. A consequence of trying out wide stance squats...
I achieved a 205kg squat some 12-18 months ago but I feel my form now puts me in a better position to improve.
Thanks for the reply mate. If I may suggest just one thing: never listen to anyone telling you to change your feet placement, after you have intuitively figured out for your own self your natural (not to mention your best) feet placement where you feel most powerful. We never (or at least I never) tell my one year old how to squat down to pick something off the floor...she does it just perfectly where she feels most comfortable (and I would suspect most powerful). I've always wondered why coaches spend zillion of hours telling their trainees where they think or feel is the best feet placement or hand placement (in the case of a bench press) for them!

In a nutshell, fully trust and follow your instinct brother. Let me know if I can help you in any way mate.

Hope you realise your dream soon enough...

Fadi.

Last edited:
I was just having a friendly dig at 0ni...him and Bazz had a big pow-wow about footy players development, I'm pretty sure 0ni said AFL players would be better if they squatted/deadlifted earlier...where Bazz suggested they should be learning the skills primarily...

This is it. Onis arguments will change day to day, there is no consistency.

Oni is saying you get in bottom of squat position in footy. Lol. Well maybe in the shit kicker league Oni was playing in. If any fucker is regularly getting themselves in bottom of squat position in footy they are going to be too spastic to find the ball and get a kick.

Do you guys find you recover faster from chest work than back work?

I seem to find I recover as follows
Fastest - delts
Next - chest then lats/bis
Last - Legs/quads/lower stuff.

Just finished Sheiko #37... 31 next... Looks like I've put weight on my upper body from just 4 weeks of this alone.

Legs are the slowest recovering for me, up to a few days for glutes, quads and hamstrings after a long lay off from squatting.

Don't really know about when I'm training consistently but I think your body would get used to whatever workload you were giving it...

Been helping a mate out with form and programs, he says to me "im struggling to make all the reps as the sets go on"

He asks how long i wait between sets, and when i told him between 5 to 10 minutes he almost died. He goes "i only have 30 seconds to a minute"
Yeah idiot hahaha he has a 3 minute break and smashes his sets

Just needed to get that off my chest, its been bothering me

I noticed today doing 150kg sets on deads (fairly heavy for me) that my left arm was bending. I was doing double overhand grip and sort of ripping the weight up. Is this a good way to tear a bicep and should I try to keep straight arms?

I noticed today doing 150kg sets on deads (fairly heavy for me) that my left arm was bending. I was doing double overhand grip and sort of ripping the weight up. Is this a good way to tear a bicep and should I try to keep straight arms?

Absorootly. Keep those arms straight. If your hands were not stuck on the ends of them, you wouldn't use them at all.

17b93ddb3c5370addf77285633347ece.jpg

Hey [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; just an off topic question if I may. You trained at the A.I.S. in the 80s, did you know Robert Kabbas?

kab-84-att.jpg

I first picked up a Barbell in 1984 during the Los Angles Olympic Games after watching Australians Robert Kabbas and Dean Lukin. Robert Kabbas was a sort of hero to me as a kid. I used to do Clean n Jerks with my Fathers barbell with 15 lbs plates either side. We never really heard of Robert Kabbas after the L.A. Games, he seemed to disappear. Thanks for your time Fadi. :)