• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

It's not me! It's my thyroid!

Itll be pretty funny if it is his thyroid. He'll get it sorted then bulk up to 100kg and get his lifts good then we'll have to hang shit on RyanF as he's the next smallest.

Upping fats wont get you swole mate (dont you read c'n'p/LRB).

Eat carbs like you're an American.

Jamie is a big fan of low carb diets. It's Paul that doesn't like them.
When I up my carbs (or at least my simple sugars) I just get really fucking warm and end up leaner somehow. I find that straight after training though I can guzzle the sugars and that works quite well. My body is just one giant troll, I remained the same weight yet got more muscular and my measurements increased (we like to joke but it did happen). Then I bumped my weight up 4kg over the last two weeks yet look exactly the same

Smoke and mirrors mang, at least now I'm gaining lul

Whilst jamie is a big endorser of low carb ketoish stuff, he is lean as shit. Building the foundation takes a shit load of carbs. Not postworkout sugars. Shitloads of oatmeal for breakfast. Errryday. Bananas all the time and rice and potatoes with errrry meal. Real carbs. And alot of them. Stick to it and the mass will come. Splurging once a week will do jack shit for mass.

Reps and carbs.

I had a mate that was exactly like Oni, would complain that he could not gain, and said he ate heaps, but when you spend a few days with him I realised he ate nothing.

It's the opposite to fat chicks who claim they eat nothing and don't know why they are fat. :)

While we're on the subject of excuses
Why do fat people always carry on about how they can't pull big because they are fat, yet there are hundreds of examples of the fattest of strongmen that pull in excess of 900lb?
Extending from that, why do good deadlifters say that their proportions are the reason for their shitty bench and vice versa when said strongmen press overhead in excess of 200kg?
Why do people say they are too fat to do a single pull-up yet no-one would ever say they are too small to bench 500lb?

Why do fat people always carry on about how they can't pull big because they are fat, yet there are hundreds of examples of the fattest of strongmen that pull in excess of 900lb?
Extending from that, why do good deadlifters say that their proportions are the reason for their shitty bench and vice versa when said strongmen press overhead in excess of 200kg?
Why do people say they are too fat to do a single pull-up yet no-one would ever say they are too small to bench 500lb?

I am too small to bench 500lb ... for real :cool:

boomtish! :D

but yes, should never use size as excuse. Some people are good at absolute strength stuff and some are good at relative/BW stuff (eg pull ups).

Oni, don't eat like a fat maccas chick, OK?

But do eat more carbs if you can fit them in. Might find you respond differently to some carbs vs others.

Isn't this similar to you saying how you're built to deadlift but don't have good proportions and thats why your bench is shit ... You carry all your weight in your lower half or something along those lines was said...

Test results come back Thursday
The only valid excuse is a lack of willpower. It's the only thing that "excuses you" of not meeting your goals... not wanting to lol

Isn't this similar to you saying how you're built to deadlift but don't have good proportions and thats why your bench is shit ... You carry all your weight in your lower half or something along those lines was said...

While this is true, there is no reason why I can't hit a 230kg bench press at my end goal weight of 90kg and lean

If there was a magic pill that meant I never had to eat again I would take it