• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To much zero coke???

I drink a huge amount of softdrink. I'll often have 4 500ml cans of diet V or red bull plus 2L of coke zero in a day.... not sure what's going to happen.

Wow insane, do you have a PWO stim aswell?

I worry that just one 600ml of these drinks, one coffee, plus my Craze PWO per day is doing me harm.....

Yeah 2 - 4L a day is nuts. Id probably only have a can every other day.
Never have energy drinks either.

Stomach lining would be the least of your worries when it comes to drinking too much soft drink. It deals with stomach acid many times more acidic than diet soft drinks.

Teeth and brittle bones is what I would worry about.

True to an extent, your stomach secretes a substance to protect the lining from the acid, triggered by chewing food but gulping down a drink doesn't send this signal to prepare the stomach.

One can would probably be OK, but I really hate diet soft drink tastes like some sort of chemical cocktail, so I never have them.

If anything I will occasionally have a can of real coke, much better for you than diet soft drink and only 160 calories, but would not have one daily, may be one or two a week, apart from that just drink water, milk and tea, and may be 2-4 coffees a week.

One can would probably be OK, but I really hate diet soft drink tastes like some sort of chemical cocktail, so I never have them.

If anything I will occasionally have a can of real coke, much better for you than diet soft drink and only 160 calories, but would not have one daily, may be one or two a week, apart from that just drink water, milk and tea, and may be 2-4 coffees a week.

Says who and why?

Zero or little calories, that's all that matters :(

To early to tell the effects, story for the grandkids if I'm still around.

Last edited:
Yeah sure Bazza, whatever you say.

Google the effects of coke (etc) on the stomach.

Ok

Wikipedia

A common criticism of Coke based on its allegedly toxic acidity levels has been found to be baseless by researchers; lawsuits based on these notions have been dismissed by several American courts for this reason. Although numerous court cases have been filed against The Coca-Cola Company since the 1920s, alleging that the acidity of the drink is dangerous, no evidence corroborating this claim has been found. Under normal conditions, scientific evidence indicates Coca-Cola's acidity causes no immediate harm.[114]

Another
The rest of the claims offered here are specious. Coca-Cola does contain small amounts of citric acid and phosphoric acid; however, all the insinuations about the dangers these acids might pose to people who drink Coca-Cola ignore a simple concept familiar to any first-year chemistry student: concentration. Coca-Cola contains less citric acid than does orange juice, and the concentration of phosphoric acid in Coke is far too small (a mere 11 to 13 grams per gallon of syrup, or about 0.20 to 0.30 per cent of the total formula) to dissolve a steak, a tooth, or a nail overnight. (Much of the item will dissolve eventually, but after a day or two you'll still have most of the tooth, a whole nail, and one very soggy T-bone.)

Besides, the gastric acid in your stomach is much stronger than any of the acids in Coca-Cola, so the Coca-Cola is harmless.

Says me, as it has less chemicals, and it has real sugar instead of sweeteners that may cause a slight laxative affect and what ever other health issues.

Or try here;
http://www.medicinenet.com/artificial_sweeteners/page8.htm

http://www.naturalnews.com/035126_aspartame_side_effects_withdrawal.html

http://www.mac-archive.com/ns/side.html

At the end of the day I don't think I am any worse off for not drinking diet soft drinks, no matter which way you look at it.

Don't use naturalnews.com as a source of reliable information.

Do you use protein powder. They pretty much all use artificial sweeteners.

He is a abstract on saftey

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/e...ez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

And a good article with references.
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/aspartame-truth-vs-fiction/

Wow insane, do you have a PWO stim aswell?

I worry that just one 600ml of these drinks, one coffee, plus my Craze PWO per day is doing me harm.....

I dont drink huge amounts of energy drinks for a work out stimulant, I just like the caffeine rush. They also help me concentrate if I'm writing something work related.

I would cut down if I were you, you don't need a PWO stim to get maximum results. It sounds as though it's causing you unease based on how you feel.

I know nothing about adverse health affects. I'm sure there are some though - perhaps not yet verified by studies.

I used to drink heaps of pepsi max or diet coke. Like...lots lol

Bleeding stomach ulcers - hello. The caffeine was the culprit I believe in continuing to aggrevate the condition.

I gave it up cold turkey & missed it desperately. Have had 3 glasses of it this year. None at all last year. I'd say it definitely effects your stomach....but like anything, it would effect everyone differently & over varying periods of time.

My teeth are perfect though lol

I dont drink huge amounts of energy drinks for a work out stimulant, I just like the caffeine rush. They also help me concentrate if I'm writing something work related.

I would cut down if I were you, you don't need a PWO stim to get maximum results. It sounds as though it's causing you unease based on how you feel.

I know nothing about adverse health affects. I'm sure there are some though - perhaps not yet verified by studies.

HAHA I think you missed the point having 4 500ml red bull/V drinks a day as well as 2 litres of soft drink, I think he was suggesting you need to cut down, he hardly has anything stimulant wise compared what you have in a day

I mean compare this:

I drink a huge amount of softdrink. I'll often have 4 500ml cans of diet V or red bull plus 2L of coke zero in a day.... not sure what's going to happen.

To That:

.......just one 600ml of these drinks, one coffee, plus my Craze PWO per day.....

Who needs to cut down????

Last edited:
Do you use protein powder. They pretty much all use artificial sweeteners.

I have one serving of NoBull Protein a day, but not every day either.

Like I said I don't think I am doing myself any harm not consuming diet soft drinks and having water instead:)

I'm kinda suprised that no-one has mentioned aspartame yet...

While aspartame does not concern me.... I do have reservations about my coke habit...

It's either coke zero or Pepsi max with every meal now...

Some times I hit 6 cans a day..... Today I had 3...

This is something I will address next year I reckon....

Oh yeah..... And can't stand normal coke or any other soft drink with real sugar now!