• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
IIRC the rules state you need to touch the sternum
Because of my short torso to keep the forearms vertical I need to touch the bar right between my first and second row of abs. If I moved my grip out though this would change. I don't know how to tuck other than to adjust grip or where the bar lands

Because of my short torso to keep the forearms vertical I need to touch the bar right between my first and second row of abs. If I moved my grip out though this would change. I don't know how to tuck other than to adjust grip or where the bar lands

Firstly how wide is your normal grip in relation to the rings? Tucking so the bar wrist and elbow are all in line is as far as you need to go. Take a vid from the side and you shoulder be able to tell. Use 10kg plates instead of 20s to get a better view of the elbow.

Did a wider grip today, pinkies actually over the rings and I felt weaker but the groove was better and I was stronger so can't complain. Think it's just a tightness issue which is an easy fix

No video though sorry lol

Did a wider grip today, pinkies actually over the rings and I felt weaker but the groove was better and I was stronger so can't complain. Think it's just a tightness issue which is an easy fix

No video though sorry lol

Just making sure, but are the rings PL wide or OLY wide. Difference of about 50mm.

Yeah my grip is where yours is/was for most sets. Here's how I, and a few others go for widths.

Close grip - Either just touching or an inch out from knurling.
Medium grip - 1 inch in from the ring.
Wide grip - Pinky on rings
Comp Grip - Ring finger to index finger on rings
Illegal Wide - Hands outside rings.

Anyone got tips on unracking while maintaining setup?

I find it pretty hard, especially past 120kg (which is my paused max 1rm atm). Once I pull it out it feels like I've lost tightness or my initial setup somewhat. Getting an assist isnt really an option as I train alone.

I try to unrack so that I only have to move the bar an inch forward for it to be at lockout position.

Practice unracking
Just stick 130kg on the bar and just keep unracking that shit until you get good at it. It's largely individual how you do it anyway, I like to tuck my elbows right in and get tight under the bar then triceps extension the bar out into position. Others like to do a pullover but the j-hooks at my gym don't really allow that

I find it pretty hard, especially past 120kg (which is my paused max 1rm atm). Once I pull it out it feels like I've lost tightness or my initial setup somewhat. Getting an assist isnt really an option as I train alone.

I try to unrack so that I only have to move the bar an inch forward for it to be at lockout position.

Before unracking Fill the lungs, keep the sternum elevated and visualise your chest as a big round drum with muscles pulled tight around it.

Pretty sure GPC rules say you must touch above your belt lol

Pretty sure GPC rules say you must touch above your belt lol

Oh ok, I was reading the IPF rules (which regardless of federation you should probably adhere to)

Also I made 80kg touch and go today. Was a bit of a shitshow but still pleased with it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7oq9c3xaM[/ame]

In the same boat as you man, I train alone and after a certain weight I have trouble. Three things I know thats helped:

1. You're already doing, making sure your position is spot on so you don't have to move the bar a mile before you even start.

2. Pin Presses for 2-3 sets of 3-5 reps with unracks for every set or even every rep. That way you practice the perfect unrack multiple times while using a weight over your current 1RM.

3. Iso holds. Holding a weight 110% or more of 1RM after unracking for a few sets of 15-20s.

Also I made 80kg touch and go today. Was a bit of a shitshow but still pleased with it.

Nice work man. Not too far off 1.5bw.

You do tuck pretty well at the start from what I can see at that angle . But then at the bottom you flare you elbows out to 90 really early instead of maintaining the tuck and flaring at the mid point.

Another thing is taking two different breaths when attempting a single. Try taking a single big breath into the diaphram, making a baby belly and going from there.

You do a good job of keeping your head against the bench and making a big chest to shorten ROM.

Just please tell me, the only reason you dont have headphones on is because you were filming with your phone!

Why would you adhere to rules of another fed??

You adhere to the rules of the fed you compete in.