• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Minh told me once that a slingshot will assist with tricep lockout, and general overloading to help getting used to heavy weights.

And that a ram will benefit equipt lifters as it mimics a shirt.

Fuark! Everyone telling me different stuff!

Mark Bell Slingshot
Blue Sling Shot
The Ram

UGE do not have my size in stock of the Mark Bell Red Slingshot, but they have the blue. What's the difference besides price?
The Ram for me felt it took away the push off the chest which is my weak/sticky point.

My biceps measure 11" · small sizing.

The main difference between The Reactive Sling Shot (Blue) and the Original (red) /Maddog (black) is that the Reactive Sling Shot is more pliable, flexible, comfortable and a little easier to put on.

I know but shit it looks painful

I just proves the point that some people, even supposed experts can do stupid, crazy shit like that and not get injured once, while some can become quadriplegic in the most innocent one off falls.

If when keeping my forearms vertical when I bench it is touching too low on my torso, I need to move my grip out right?

Fuark! Everyone telling me different stuff!

Mark Bell Slingshot
Blue Sling Shot
The Ram

UGE do not have my size in stock of the Mark Bell Red Slingshot, but they have the blue. What's the difference besides price?
The Ram for me felt it took away the push off the chest which is my weak/sticky point.

I have both the Blue and Red Slingshots and have used the Ram and would say that if I were to purchase only one it would be the Blue. Can be used with minimal weight (I used to have trouble even touching 100 in the Red) and can be used for push ups as well. Wont give you as much boost wise, but will help seeing that you get stuck off the chest.

In order amount it helps a lifter off the chest I'd rate:

1. Reactive (Blue) Slingshot
2. Original (Red) Slingshot
2. Titan Ram
3. Super Ram
3. Maddog (Black) Slingshot

What Id recommend for any is pausing most if not all reps when doing slingshot/ram work and using it for a couple of sets after you've done your main work sets.

Edit** Oh and the blue is a little bit more form fitting compared to the red. The XL red is snug, but the XL takes some getting into. Should've went a 2XL.

Last edited:
What are the main points regarding the wide grip and narrow grip?
What thing do you need to be aware of when contemplating the two, when would you want to use a narrow grip?

Thanks.

With closer grips there will be a greater amount of shoulder rotation and more stretch of the material. Generally when I use closer grips and from what I've seen ROM will be limited via boards or pins.

Wearing it a little higher or lower on the elbow also affects performance somewhat and took me a little while to get it right.

If when keeping my forearms vertical when I bench it is touching too low on my torso, I need to move my grip out right?

That, or tuck harder.

I'm using a fair amount of tuck already lol. I have a very short torso and longish arms

I get a lot less shoulder problems (admitedly we're not talking a big bench here), touching below the nipple line than higher on my chest, i find too far down i feel like i'm getting a leverage disadvantage though???

Depends on how much your tucking.

If you still flairing your elbows as if your benching above your nipples, your going to have your wrist in front of your elbow. That is going to put you at a missive dissadvantage.

Oni, ignore my last post.
Can you just not touch higher?

I get a lot less shoulder problems (admitedly we're not talking a big bench here), touching below the nipple line than higher on my chest, i find too far down i feel like i'm getting a leverage disadvantage though???

Sternum, top of abs is as low as most non equipped lifters go. Then there's that guy in Goosey's vid lmao.

Going too far down toward the belly will yes most likey ruin leverages and be too hard to recover big weights if they should fail.