• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

social test - Elephant in the room

When you are at a function with a small group of people and a woman/man enters the group , who has a much more desirable figure/build/hair/dress etc than yourself, it tends to make you bloody uncomfortable and self concious .... What Ceffo is saying actually happens.....

I was never the nice looking one, I was the fat one in the group, and you would see the men/women adjust their stares and pull in their tummys when a far more better looking person entered the group....

Im hiring you as my personal forum interpreter interested?
i pay with protien shakes!!

It took me a while but a work colleague told me along time ago.. Trent U stand out because your asian.

For every 10 caucasians that work out in the gym theres one 1 asian dude that does it seriously..
Its the 1 asian guy that grabs your attention especially if he is under 10% BF..

Last edited:
It's all in your mind. Your a guy not a chick with a nice rack. Id stare at a chick with a nice rack not some random guy at a bbq.

Good call by xwifex you should bang them in the laundry if you can. Unless you are in a monogamous relationship then just stare at their nice racks in silence like the rest of us.

It's all in your mind. Your a guy not a chick with a nice rack. Id stare at a chick with a nice rack not some random guy at a bbq.

Good call by xwifex you should bang them in the laundry if you can. Unless you are in a monogamous relationship then just stare at their nice racks in silence like the rest of us.

I disagree here.

I stare at guys who look like they've put in MASSIVE
amounts of hard work and dedication into their
'sport'. But I find most of them are YES 'meat heads'
when I speak to them.

They can't intelligently iterate how they got there! It's like
"Just eat and push harder dude".... WTF???:eek:

In addressing your specific issue here ceffo here are my
thoughts:

1. Why are you in shorts and singlet in the first place?
2. All the guys there aren't jealous of you.
3. All the chicks there don't want to bang you.
4. I would be 'normal' and speak with everyone saying how
under-dressed I'm and I feel like a nob to break the ice.

Self-deprecating humor works to make everyone at ease in
a tense situation.

Done solved.
Devante.
P.S. I'll be the only 'runt' wanting to look at your abs!!! :p

Last edited:
I stare at guys who look like they've put in MASSIVE
amounts of hard work and dedication into their
'sport'.
So do I!:p

If I was a dude at that bbq and Ceffo walked in the yard, i'd be tucking away my man boobs for the afternoon! Then sit and wonder why all the women are congregating around the laundry.......:eek:

OK, enough "Ceffo Appreciation" posts.....

If guys dont feel self concious of the build of another guy, then way to go, you are obviously very comfortable and confident with yourselves :D

Last edited:
LOL its 30 degrees at a bbq I ain't going to cover up..

I put myself down all the time when meeting new people .. its puts them at ease somewhat and breaks the ice .. sad but true ..

LOL this was never a self appreciation thread.. more a social observation..

It's always good for buisness as a trainer when people ask what u do and u can tell them then hand over a buisness card.. :)

LOL its 30 degrees at a bbq I ain't going to cover up..

I put myself down all the time when meeting new people .. its puts them at ease somewhat and breaks the ice .. sad but true ..

LOL this was never a self appreciation thread.. more a social observation..

It's always good for buisness as a trainer when people ask what u do and u can tell them then hand over a buisness card.. :)

LOL ah now it makes sense.... Kinda.

Either way I can safely say I haven't experienced this...yet:p

However, I can imagine this where the good looking (physically)
chick walks in and we all 'project' on to her all the positive
aspects of our lives.

Then we find out that's no the case.:mad:

Devante.

I like how Ceffo crashes random BBQs so he can distribute business cards. Good marketing.
But your denial and transparency are on about the sames level as Mocha's.

I used to notice is more when i first starting lifting (putting on size). I'm oblivious to it now until my mates point it out.

"Man that guy is just staring at you" or "that chick was salivating and you didn't even notice". I guess for me (and this happens a bit) when I walk passed another guy who is also built, on occasion there's a mutual nod. Like an acknwoledgement that we're both the way we are due to hard work. Plus, the average Joe can look and assume meat head when they see you. A fellow lifter will understand the work required, so it is more of a compliment coming from them. They will also know that along with the thick pythons hanging out of your sleeve, there's a human attached. Not an orc/ogre.

people stare at difference. organic difference is tolerated much more than created difference. some difference triggers really base human responses, ranging from repulsion, jealousy, curiosity through to an urgent desire to bang.

we (my husby and i) get stared at heaps. i have big boobs (dudes look, chicks hate and give me bitch stares) and tattoos. my husband is a big, bearded, tattooed guy who looks a lot like opie from sons of anarchy - people change supermarket lines and cross roads to avoid him hahaha. we make people uncomfortable and i love it.

Last edited:
we (my husby and i) get stared at heaps. i have big boobs (dudes look, chicks hate and give me bitch stares) and tattoos. my husband is a big, bearded, tattooed guy who looks a lot like opie from sons of anarchy - people change supermarket lines and cross roads to avoid him hahaha. we make people uncomfortable and i love it.

Yea noticed from other thread :p

And Opie looks fairly harmless compared to a few of the others in that club.

no way opie is the best, SUCH an antihero and well tuff, ESPECIALLY compared to the rest of the main players in the crew

jax belongs in the dead presidents in point break circa early 90s
cromagnon clay looks like ted danson's inbred brother

sigh. i miss halfback.

the only dudes tougher than opie are the mexicans.

It was halfsack not halfback :p

The irish one in the main crew Chib is pretty rough. As is Tig, though he looks a little like a pimp he's psycho. Bobby Elvis is pretty scary looking.

It's an awesome show though, I've downloaded and watched the first 3 seasons, about to begin the 4th (no spoilers please).

He's fairly mean looking, but has so little involvement in the show its hard to know what hes like.