• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Quite night tonight.
Steve came in and done some MP.

Mike and I benched.
Mike benched 6x3 at 130kg, pausing the last rep of each set, I benched 92.5kg 6x6 easily.
Mike squatted 157.5kg 5x3, I squatted 152.5 for 3, then 2x4.

This is a mikes epic fight with a 150kg bench. Unfortunately he missed it, but will nail it next time I think.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIVVfIZMutQ]YouTube - PTC Brisbane - Mike just misses 150kg bench at 77kg.[/ame]

awsome battle, the weight of the wrist wrap killed it lol,

DID that take a lot out of him??? i know if I have to mongrel a weight it really saps me.

But Damm hats off to the boy soo close to double bw bench is fn awsome!!!

Yeah, it sapped ol Mikey good.
He had another shot, but no dice. I think He is having a bench off with freako this saturday. It should fall then!

Kurt was first in tonight. He is running Smolov base meso for squat..... and loving it :p
He ripped his shorts on his first rep of 20kg...... He hunted down a pair of scissors and chopped the opposite side of his shorts up so they were even haha.
Kurt then worked up to 135kg for 4x9.

Tara was next in. She squatted 67.5kg 3x5, benched 47.5kg 3x5- 55kg x1 - 60kg x 1, did some pull ups, and front squatted 50kg for 5x3...... DEEP.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KsQn6x6Tt8]YouTube - PTC Brisbane- Tara bench 47.5 x 5 and 60 x 1[/ame]

Mike MP 80 kg 3x5 then 3x3.
He also did a bit of cardio which was skipping, 12 40kg beer keg presses, 12 KB swings and 5 cannon balls. He did this a few times.

Vid from tonight..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_DMUXzCeLY]YouTube - Just a night at PTC Brisbane[/ame]

Awesome session today at PTC.
Big Matty is getting back into the swing of things after a small break. He came in and benched 145kg 3x3 and squatted up to 170kg. He is going to play around with his stance a little and see if he can find a sweet spot where he is tight and rock solid.

Freako and Ugly drove up from the Gold Coast again for another session. Ugly cleaned 100kg after missing it twice. It took him a couple of goes to get out of the hole. Solid effort by him. Freako had a bench off with Mike, and paused and eassssy 160kg, but failed to lock out 165kg.

Kurt came in to run 10x3 at 165kg for his day 4 smolov, but aggravated his quad injury. He has decided not to continue on smolov, and focus more on his pressing for a while.

Steve and ducky ran through R&R on the bench. Both hitting 90kg for 5x5, then some triples, doubles and singles at 100kg.

Lozzo, Dan and Costa had a mini 3 lift comp with each other. Lozzo went 180/115/230, Dan went 170/120/180, and Costa went (?)/115/180

Mike benched up to a paused 145kg, and pulled 200+, but missed his 230kg dead at his knees. He called it a day with the heavy lifting and went and flipped some tyres.

Tara squatted 70kg 3x5, benched 50kg 3x5, did a WG bodyweight pullup followed by 3x8 with an orange power band. She then went out and flipped tyres with mike.

I benched 10x3 at 110kg, then followed it up with a PB of 125kg.

IMG_1574.jpg

Last edited:
Very close, some things I would be telling you if I was there

Get your grip wider your doing a close grip bench

Dig in yr feet and dont move them when you hit a sticking point just keep
pushing them into the ground and keep still. you need to be super tight.

The same as Ive suggested.
Mike has had 2 shoulder surgery's, so WG isn't really an option.
Not sure why he isnt using his legs though... I remember we did a bit of work with it, but it just never stuck.

i dont know how lozzo got that squat. he basically paused in the hole.

nice work guys, very motivational

Vid from today
Freako benched 160kg, not 165kg. My bad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHk7KxCkQ24]YouTube - PTC Brisbane - 14/5/11 Training day at PTC[/ame]

Last edited:
Nice meeting you guys yesterday.
Great work Scott, sweet setup , wish i could come more often.
I must say there are some damn strong boys there , made me feel like a kid amongst man but what a nice bunch of guys .
Looking forward to next time.

Kosta

Pleasure to have you there big fella.
You should be hitting a 200kg deadlift in no time at all considering how easy 4 plates went up.

Hope to see you again soon mate.

Too bad you guys are so far North to me (I'm just south of the river), I would be there for sure to get some tips on my form. Keep the updates coming, still good to read about it. I'd like to hear how your beginners are going.

Too bad you guys are so far North to me (I'm just south of the river), I would be there for sure to get some tips on my form. Keep the updates coming, still good to read about it. I'd like to hear how your beginners are going.

Me and Freako have driven up twice now from the Goldie, took about an hour door to door. It's a good expenditure of time and an awesome place to train, even infrequently.

I have 2 guys that come up from the south side. 1 in marooka and the other from Carina. Another travels over an hour by bus to get to PTC. People who are determined to get stronger/bigger/faster/leaner do what ever it takes. Whether it be training at a particular gym, sticking to a program or diet....
Determination, dedication, and consistency are the keys :).

I'll keep the updates going for as long as the board will allow it :).

Me and Freako have driven up twice now from the Goldie, took about an hour door to door. It's a good expenditure of time and an awesome place to train, even infrequently.

Determination, dedication, and consistency oooozes for these 2 guys. Great guys to have in the gym, even if it is occasionally :).

-----

Steve came in for MP, rows, dips and chins tonight. He has now done 3x8 bodyweight dips, and is going to add a little weight to try and gain some extra strength in his triceps/chest. I think he MP'd 60-70kg for reps.

Matt squatted R&R week 6 tonight, which worked up to 147.5kg 3x5. He then tripled 162.5, and then moved up to hit a recent PB of 182.5kg.

Mike squatted and benched. He squatted 160kg for 7x3, then benched up to 140kg 3x3.

Lozzo stared sheiko tonight. He benched 110kg for 3x2, then squatted 145kg 5x3, then jumped back on the bench for 100kg 5x4 lol.
He was shagged by the end of the night.

I benched 97.5kg 6x6, then squatted 152.5kg 5x5. It was brutal.