• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
scott if tara ever needs suits teresa has 6 or more she will never use again she was 45/ to 47 kg when she used then they are all enzer and all have broken w/records 100 squat 81 bench 135 d/lift [3 times b/weight ] they have broken aus records 45 times and w/records 15 times so they know what to do l o l tara might just be the girl to keep them going ?

scott if tara ever needs suits teresa has 6 or more she will never use again she was 45/ to 47 kg when she used then they are all enzer and all have broken w/records 100 squat 81 bench 135 d/lift [3 times b/weight ] they have broken aus records 45 times and w/records 15 times so they know what to do l o l tara might just be the girl to keep them going ?

Wow, I didnt realise Teresa was so damn strong frank!
Emma is girl you saw at 45kg, and isnt a competitive power lifter.......Yet :p .
Tara is my resident house PL'er, but is sitting at about 63kg, so I imagine the suits would be a little tight on her hahaha.

I've been a bit slack this week updating this thread, I've come down with a bad case of the FLU! Its sucks.

On Monday
Matt Bench up to 140kg 5,4,4, squatted 165kg 5x5 very easily.

Kurt squatted up to 165kg x4, front squatted an easy 120kg x1.

Steve is in his last week for smolov squats.... The easy week. 152.5kg 5x5.

Loz squatted 175kg for 2 singles.

I squatted 170kg 3x5 and 1x5.

Mike benched up to 140kg for 2 singles, and squatted up to 185kg for 2 singles.

On Tuesday

Matt pulled up to 260kg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g59Pwrsc8Aw]‪PTC Brisbane - Matt pulls 260kg‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Kurt benched 105kg, 5kg PB. Missed 110kg.

Steve tested his 1rm on bench as did lozzo.
Steve has just finished smolov jnr, and picked up 7.5kg in 3 weeks.
Lozzo benched 130kg tng, 2.5kg PB, missed 140kg halfway up, twice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmTVE-Ugdc8]‪PTC Brisbane - steve and lozzo bench PB's‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Tara squatted 80kg 5x5, 90kg for a triple and a double in wraps.
Swung the 32kg KB

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJoLMxym0DM]‪PTC Brisbane - Tara swings the 32kg kettlebell‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Mike push press 100kg for reps.

Tonight

Emma came in for bench and deadlifts.
We moved from conventional to semi-sumo. Her deadlifts have come a LONG way in 3 sessions, Im happy with her progress. She pulled up to a fairly easy 80kg.
We have done 2 bench sessions also, just working on technique, and she has picked up another 2.5kg on her PB there too which is great. Now we just need to work on getting stronger.

Mike pulled 232.5kg for 2 singles.

Zach squatted 155kg 3x4, 165kg 3x3 in wraps.
Benched 115kg 3x5.

Steve squatted 152.5kg 4x3.

Loz worked on his power cleans, which are looking more like cleans, and less like deadlift-reverse curls.

Dan pulled 160kg 5x5 from a 2" deficit.

I didnt train, I still feel like Ive been hit my a bus.

Great night of lifting tonight, and got the GHR set up which is nice.
Lozzo and Kurt were first in tonight.
Lozzo benched up to 115kg for sets of 5, Kurt benched up to a set of 5 at 85kg.
Steve finished his last smolov session, squatting 162.5kg 3sets for 4.
He still had plenty of gas left so did 170kg x1, 180kg x1, 185kg x1 which was a 10kg PB! Still with more in the tank.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZc7fAGp2KA]‪IMG 1840‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
Old James was up from PTC Frankston. I think James is 63 years old?
anyway he benched up to 85, squatted a super easy 140kg, and deadlift 190kg.
Freako worked up to a paused 165kg bench, then pulled an easy 250kg.
Mike Squatted 202.5kg, a 2.5kg PB, very easily. He also then went and benched a 2.5kg on the bench, a paused 155kg.
I clean and jerked 100kg, after not eating for 3 days.
Fuzzy power jerked 160kg.... Then started deadlifting.
Pulled 290kg like he was going to catch it on his shoulders, then called for 310kg.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAK_ptL9oWM]‪PTC Brisbane - Fuzzy pulls 310kg - 7.5kg PB - 19yo‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Emma was first in yesterday.
We ran through squats 45kg 5x3, benched 27.5kg 3x8 then deadlifted 70kg 3x3.
She also did GHR's, KB rows, and done her first set of front squats.

Sookie came in to make sure his form was good on the lifts.
I dont think Ive seen a better self taught lifter. His lifts were all pretty good, except a little hip tuck on squats/really narrow feet, benching an inch above the chest, and setting up with the hips a little high on the deads.
Once we worked through a few things, he got PB's on the squat bench, and an equal PB on the deads. He went 85/60/100 at 65kg?

One thing I must mention, as his 40kg deadlifts looked identical to his 100kg deadlift.... Only with a little more shaking laugh out loud.
It was great to see that he stayed really tight no matter what the weight,

Fuzzy also came in and did some light front squatting up to 140kg as a bit of recovery session.

Scott is a bloody good teacher and patient. It took me quite a few attempts to get the bench press right and Scott did not complain once!

Great atmosphere at PTC brissy. Definitely be back again. Hopefully I will be 68kg to 70kgs by then :)

Oh and fuzzy is a beast!

Scott is a bloody good teacher and patient. It took me quite a few attempts to get the bench press right and Scott did not complain once!

Great atmosphere at PTC brissy. Definitely be back again. Hopefully I will be 68kg to 70kgs by then :)

Oh and fuzzy is a beast!

Thanks for the props Sookie.
Will be a pleasure to have you in again to smash some PB's :).

sticky what time do you close on saturdays?

Hey buddy.
The normal opening hours are 5pm-930pm monday to friday and 9am-2pm on saturdays, but I can open the gym for coaching sessions outside any of those times.

Last night was good.

Steve started PPP for his bench - 135kg program, running it double pace.
Passed the first session easily - heaviest working set 97.5kg x 5
He did some rows, and then took off to play touch.

Lozzo squatted up to 185kg on PPP for 2 singles, with the last looking pretty easy.
He done some work on the GHR, then swung the 64kg kettlebell.

I squatted up to a single at 200kg, and benched 102.5kg 6x6,
Did some GHR's and BB rows.

Matted squatted up to 170kg, and a set of bench at 145, but was feeling a bit shit, so he bailed.

Mike benched PPP week 8.
He ended up pausing 152.5kg for 2 singles.

Mike is a pocket rocket.

Once my car has rego again (hopefully this week) am I welcome to just come out and say hello or do I have to pre-book Scott.

Eager to have you talk me through my lifts, see what my form is really like.

Nah mate, you can just pop in if you wanna say gday.
If you want to spend time going through your lifts, we'll need to work out a time though in case you rock up whilst im with a client.

Ok, I will give you a bell later in the week. Probably be looking next week tuesday or wednesday!

Last night Steve started pulling again after 4 weeks off as he was running smolov.
He pulled 230kg 3x3 fairly easily, but had a sook because his hands have gone soft from the lack of pulling. He has 2 more deadlift sessions before our deadlift comp where he should pull 260kg+
He did some GHRs too.

Fuzzy did some benching to get his volume up, then a triple at 190kg on the squat.

Lozzo go through week 8 of PPP on the bench, pausing 130kg for 2 singles.... Easily.
He then did some work with 25kg chains and some rows.

Tara squatted 82.5kg for 3x3, sldl, GHRs and planks.

Kurts running PPP on his squats, hit 175kg x 3.

Marc put the 140kg log overhead, and front squatted 170kg for a triple.

hows the GHR scotty? They guys loving it? Most new members will need the broom to do them properly from what ive seen.

GHRs sweet.
Dont need a broom, just need to set it up appropriately for those with weak hamstrings, or reduce rom slightly

Sticky: I take it you only have guys going to PPP once they are past PTC beginner standards?

And do you know how well PPP has worked for people with overhead press?

With my hip injury, I am back to my pb's for bench and SOHP but will be a while still before I can squat and deadlift heavy again. I can SLDL ok though surprisingly.

Yeah, nobody uses PPP until they can go at least 140/100/180, even then, they may not go onto it straight away.

As far as OHP and bench go, I think you need much more volume than just the program.
I either get guys to run the program at double pace, or add in extra assistance day.
Look into the hepburn press course if you want a strong OH press.