• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'm still learning here, so please excuse my n00b questions...

So what you are saying is that after each workout, you give your bar a good polish? Does that require a lot of effort and does it affect your recovery?

Just so I am clear, does this mean that you normally keep your bar in a protective wrap, but your wrap has small holes in it, so your bar is now covered in red spots? What do you tell the pretty ladies when you show them your bar?

Trolling at its best?

besttroll2012/10

this is old news. Eleiko's standards dropped from 96-06, the quality is good again though, hence the IPF and IWF exclusive deals. Eleiko is the sole supplier for the 2012 Olympics.

I think you will find that paying big $$$ to the IWF and IPF is the reason for the Exclusive IPF and IWF deals not Quality. ( IPF would get a pittance of what IWF get as not being an olympic sport lowers the brand value )

This is not a slag on Eleiko, but there are other bars of just a good a quality, eg Uesaka for weightlifting and Leoko for Powerlifting.

I'm still learning here, so please excuse my n00b questions...

So what you are saying is that after each workout, you give your bar a good polish? Does that require a lot of effort and does it affect your recovery?

Just so I am clear, does this mean that you normally keep your bar in a protective wrap, but your wrap has small holes in it, so your bar is now covered in red spots? What do you tell the pretty ladies when you show them your bar?
epic troll is epic :D

I think you will find that paying big $$$ to the IWF and IPF is the reason for the Exclusive IPF and IWF deals not Quality. ( IPF would get a pittance of what IWF get as not being an olympic sport lowers the brand value )

This is not a slag on Eleiko, but there are other bars of just a good a quality, eg Uesaka for weightlifting and Leoko for Powerlifting.
quality would still have its role though. all i was saying is that Eleiko's quality is up to scratch, if it wasnt it wouldnt even have a foot in for exclusive deals.

Does Eleiko make the best bars and plates in the world? IMO yes. Does that mean I would buy them? Probably not as there are brands at 90% + their quality for 2/3 the price

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Eleiko make the best bars and plates in the world? IMO yes. Does that mean I would buy them? Probably not as there are brands at 90% + their quality for 2/3 the price

---
I am here: Google Maps
whats with the "i am here;"??

unfortunately Eleiko's prices forces it into a very small market :(

If you are using an iphone try taking the location services off safari and it should disappear dude

Ok

i am looking at the abc bar. I know stuff all about bars and found these two. The only difference i can find is the bearings.

B0220bn
Bush bearing

B0220nmbd
Needle bearing

Can someone enlighten me about this grey area?

Edit

read bush bearing is better for powerlift

Ah so confused

The bar will only be used for lifts outside the rack eg deads. row and occasional cleans and jerk

Last edited:
why would you not use the ABC in the rack?
Pretty hard to destroy it, and if you're the only person using it, and providing you don't make a habit of dumping it off your back it should last both in and out of rack.
The part number from ABC for the heavy duty powerlifting bar is BOP220

Ok

i am looking at the abc bar. I know stuff all about bars and found these two. The only difference i can find is the bearings.

B0220bn
Bush bearing

B0220nmbd
Needle bearing

Can someone enlighten me about this grey area?

Edit

read bush bearing is better for powerlift

Ah so confused

The bar will only be used for lifts outside the rack eg deads. row and occasional cleans and jerk

There should be some useful info in this video for you:

Starting Strength

I have read that barbell used in a power rack get damaged. But they didn't specify any damages. Does anyone know anything about this?

I think they are refering to the knurling being worn down. If you were taking a wide grip for Olympic lifts this would become an issue.

G

Did bench with an ABC bar at PTC Sydney on the weekend... Had a real course knurling...

Loved it!!!! Am thinking about pulling a home gym together later this year just so I can buy one.... LOL....

Well I was looking forward to trying out my Muscle Motion barbell today, and giving you all a review. 2 week wait for stock to arrive at GymDirect, and just over a week for delivery. Was it worth the wait?

It "arrived" today. Dropped off at the front door, didn't ring the doorbell (as you do), didn't get a signature (as you do), just left it outside in plain view to the whole world (as you do?). The cardboard tube was torn/squashed, and the barbell half sticking out. Perhaps it's just me, or maybe this really is strange. :D

I disentangled the barbell from what was left of the packaging, and the one sleeve which spun properly, is probably fairly indicative of the quality of the bar - it seems quite a good bar.

However.
GymDirect say the Muscle Motion Barbell is 1330mm between the inside collars. Perhaps the one I received was faulty, but I measured mine and it was only 1297mm. This might not matter for some, but my power cage needs at least 1290mm for the bar to rack safely. 7mm is very little lee-way, so this ought be noted by those considering this barbell, unless this can be confirmed as a manufacturing error.

In any case, if you do buy one make sure you tell GymDirect NOT to send it through "Hunter Express". I've never heard of this freight company before, but judging from the treatment of this barbell I received, their idea of "unloading" goods involves throwing them off a truck at speed onto concrete... repeatedly, for good measure... just in case the contents somehow survived. I've honestly never seen a freight company have less regard for their client's product. I bought shock absorbers (more fragile) recently from the USA in thinner cardboard boxes, and they arrived in far better condition.

Last edited:
Well that sux ass mate, is the barbell damaged from delivery or is it just the collar not spinning properly?
Chuck a bit of oil on the bearings
I've got that bar so I will go and measure it and let you know what the distance is on our one.