• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Didn't know the NRL gives each Club the value (or thereabouts) of the Salary Cap every year. Spose it makes sense.

Gary Belcher was saying last night that the lowest paid regular Players are earning $120,000 per Season. Not bad for being a Nigel or thereabouts.

120k isn't that good for them. Remeber NRL careers are only a few years on average. They have to put off education or persuing another career. Not to mention the long term damage their bodies suffer.

I listened yesterday to a number of Qld ex-players now Commentators going on saying Qld were going to win. 4BC/2GB/3AW were playing the replay of that Mark Coyne "miracle try" in 1993, I think trying to make Qlders think Qld had an against all odds chance - so they'd tune in. Scott, Thurston, Inglis and Slater out, Qld were never going to win. I didn't watch it, thank God.

Dylan Napa and Nate Miles are not Front Rowers. They can't "mix it" with Fifita, Woods and Klemmer etc. Miles is gone, Thaiday gone, Parker retired and Scott injured. GAMES ARE WON UP FRONT MUTHAFARKERS!!! The Big Boppers create the time and space for the little fellas to run.

These things do go in cycles. NSW have produced a lot of good Players recently, Qld's new guns are yet to arrive.

Last edited:
120k isn't that good for them. Remeber NRL careers are only a few years on average. They have to put off education or persuing another career. Not to mention the long term damage their bodies suffer.

A few points here Brother Barry;

NRL careers can be up to 15 years long. Less for Forwards generally as the Forwards do all the hard work.

As [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION]; mentioned about AFL Players, their Clubs like them to also develop Careers outside Football, moreso as it keeps them from getting into trouble outside of training hours rather than any genuine concern for their futures. This is true of NRL Clubs and Players as well.

I'd like to see a NSW series win with thurston and slater back in the side.

That would be good.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

A few points here Brother Barry;

NRL careers can be up to 15 years long. Less for Forwards generally as the Forwards do all the hard work.

As @White_Lie; mentioned about AFL Players, their Clubs like them to also develop Careers outside Football, moreso as it keeps them from getting into trouble outside of training hours rather than any genuine concern for their futures. This is true of NRL Clubs and Players as well.

Up to 15 years. Youre talking the elite of the elite that's not standard at all, not even close. On average careers are not very long and much has to be sacrificed to get to that level, they should be payed well.

Up to 15 years. Youre talking the elite of the elite that's not standard at all, not even close. On average careers are not very long and much has to be sacrificed to get to that level, they should be payed well.

yep I'm talking the guys like Freddy Fitler and Cameron Smith who make Grade late teens and last under early mid 30's. I'd say most would average around 8-10 years [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; ???