• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
today was definitely the day of the multiple towel rolled around the bar quarter squats, and DB curls / calf raises for volume.

That said, it's remarkable the amount of people who sit the bar on the traps then angle the back as if they were low bar squatting.

Also tfw I had to clean my OHP off the floor instead of using the power rack.

Last edited:
Yeah why do they roll the tower until its the size of a pillow and then place that on their traps..I tried doing that once for laughs and it actually hurt my back and shoulders more than going bareback.

Today I saw two pairs practicing krav magaa, and it looked pretty rapey. I'm pretty sure someone fell pregnant.

Yeah why do they roll the tower until its the size of a pillow and then place that on their traps..I tried doing that once for laughs and it actually hurt my back and shoulders more than going bareback.

I can answer this one - when I very first started squatting, my mates got me to use the pussy pad. Using a bare bar for the first time a couple of weeks later, it hurt the traps / back, especially with not having the scapula retracted correctly (another very common issue I see).

Isn't Krav Maga eye gouging type stuff?

NG98Ns5.jpg

A PT had 3 girls standing on bosu balls throwing medicine balls to each other. Functional as functional gets...

Dudes doing an 'ab workout' with a weight belt. Maybe they also think their triceps are getting a workout when doing bicep curls. Also, the bro dudes who only do chest and bis, yet have small arms because they neglect triceps.

what_are_you_doing_xlarge.jpeg

I can answer this one - when I very first started squatting, my mates got me to use the pussy pad. Using a bare bar for the first time a couple of weeks later, it hurt the traps / back, especially with not having the scapula retracted correctly (another very common issue I see).

Isn't Krav Maga eye gouging type stuff?
From what I can tell, it's basically cuddle your opponent, then punch them in the dick and, yeah, gouge out their eyes.

Got chatting with some guy never seen in the gym before today. Looks like he weighs about 45kg ringing wet. Talking random crap really then he drops the line "I'm a PT" then proceeds to do working sets of 60kg deadlifts with some of the worst form I've seen out of anyone there. WTF.

They dont need to lift, they went to school for that shit, take their word for it, for a reasonable sum of maney they'll turn you into a mass monster in no time at all. :rolleyes:

Here is a novel idea. Go and pick some fucking weight up before you try telling kunce twice as strong as you about "how to do it" and dropping lines like "I'm a PT".