• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
As we speak I'm watching a guy load the hammer strength press on the storage bars!!!

He has worked up to 4 plates on each side, crazy thing is it looks like its getting harder...

Saw a guy today came in - just looked like Joe average - goes over to the squat rack, Loads the bar up with 3 x 20kg plates either side and then does a few sets for reps at 140kg total - the best form i've seen yet out of anyone that trains there - no belt, nice and deep, explosive off the bottom. Was really impressed - he made it look like that was his warm up set!!

Saw a guy using the squat rack the other day, which is pretty unusual...

For short sets of reverse (extreme narrow grip!) ez-bar curls @ maybe 15kg, all up, at a guess. :rolleyes:

What the fuck, with some people. Do they not know their goddamn memes?! :D

Saw a guy using the squat rack the other day, which is pretty unusual...

For short sets of reverse (extreme narrow grip!) ez-bar curls @ maybe 15kg, all up, at a guess. :rolleyes:

What the fuck, with some people. Do they not know their goddamn memes?! :D

I never understand why people are still doing things other than squat, or maybe military press in the squat rack, Facebook is full of paying out on wankers curling in squat rack, why do people still do it...
The other night I had to clean the bar up to do front squats, because one rack was a rower, and one had a bench set up, our gym has 5 bench presses, 1 was being used, what the fucking fuck!!!!
As soon as my contract is up I'm going to a gym not full of fuckwits...

Gee what an aggressive start to the day lol

On the whiteboard at my gym. I only had a try because they went to the trouble of making the contest all about the guy from Biggest Loser (printed out a photo and everything). I don't watch the show and I'm against they whole outlook they take on weight loss.

6yhabe5y.jpg

I'm Ryan.

This was a few weeks ago, now. He has no interest in trying again, I only beat him by 14sec. Which says a lot about the sort of people this show creates. No wonder their failure rate is so high.

Last edited:
Down in wollongong...training in the local gym here...had a young fella ask me if he could work in with me on bench (only one, small gym...one of everything basically), which was no problem.
He askes me what i was working up to(my usual sheiko shenanigans). Liked it, so we continued. Every rep past 50kg was atleast 6inches high lol. All the way to his new personal best of 70x6... :rolleyes: to which most reps were probably 10inches high :eek:

What i found surprising was the dude actually had decent chest and arm development...but wasnt even in the same ballpark as me with strength. Just goes to show i guess(dont need any kind of decent strength to look half decent).

His arm routine after the chest stuff was amazing. :p

Down in wollongong...training in the local gym here...had a young fella ask me if he could work in with me on bench (only one, small gym...one of everything basically), which was no problem.
He askes me what i was working up to(my usual sheiko shenanigans). Liked it, so we continued. Every rep past 50kg was atleast 6inches high lol. All the way to his new personal best of 70x6... :rolleyes: to which most reps were probably 10inches high :eek:

What i found surprising was the dude actually had decent chest and arm development...but wasnt even in the same ballpark as me with strength. Just goes to show i guess(dont need any kind of decent strength to look half decent).

His arm routine after the chest stuff was amazing. :p

I see half and quater squatters that occasionally have massive quads. Sometimes life's un fair

Saw this chick today, about 6'1 no more than 50kgs...banging body, squat 100kgs for reps then proceed to 120kg dead lifts. She was smoking hot...so I spoke to her..not coz she was pretty but I was super impressed. Ended up being an Olympic rower at London for Australia.