• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stupid ways to Injure Yourself

when i was a kid i slipped on a puzzle and fell head first into a coffee table, the corner of the table hit my front tooth, it stayed in, but died, it went brown/black, the dentist wouldnt remove it, it ruined how my adult teeth were growing, and so needed braces.

broke my collar bone while jumping on a trampoline, back in the day we had ones with springs and those foam covers, we would put a hose under it to make it slipery, being like 7 i thought it would be cool to slide under my brother when he jumps really high, all went to plan untill i stopped half way and he landed on me, broke it in 2 places.

while riding my bike I was staring at some girls playing hockey. slammed into back of a hatchback, broke nose and arm and got 12 stiches.

Slipped forward in a hallway on the way to the bathroom, put my arms out in front to break my fall and put my right hand straight through an open window (one that winds out vertically) and severed the artery in my wrist.
Didn't feel a thing and had no idea until my feet felt wet, I looked down and there was a stream of blood pumping from my wrist.

Pethidine is awsome!

Slipped forward in a hallway on the way to the bathroom, put my arms out in front to break my fall and put my right hand straight through an open window (one that winds out vertically) and severed the artery in my wrist.
Didn't feel a thing and had no idea until my feet felt wet, I looked down and there was a stream of blood pumping from my wrist.

Pethidine is awsome!

:eek:

THAT...made me feel sick!!!!!
And could have killed you.

Urgh...:/

:eek:

THAT...made me feel sick!!!!!
And could have killed you.

Urgh...:/
My girlfriend (now wife) was standing next to me when it happened, she went whiter than me :D
By the time I got to the hospital I was having a hard time keeping awake and really can't remember much after that but when they gave me a shot of pethidine I was at peace with the universe :D

lol so scary that a silly accident could have killed you & does kill people, every day.

Fark.

I felt so queazy reading that. I would have been completely useless had it happened in front of me lol

And you're still here to tell the tale Naughty! Good job lol

lol so scary that a silly accident could have killed you & does kill people, every day.

Fark.

I felt so queazy reading that. I would have been completely useless had it happened in front of me lol

And you're still here to tell the tale Naughty! Good job lol

She handled it very well
It was an interesting experience, painless and almost peaceful

my right shoulder keeps getting dislocated doing stupid shit, last three times were playing volleyball, explosive chin-ups and trying to get a hospital bed in a crate

I was munted clubbing and as it was hot this place had a fan with no cover which was disconnected. I plugged it in, turned it on, left the dance floor to get a drink. I came back to bust out some moves on the dance floor and shoved my hand into the fan. Sliced it open and fractured one of my fingers which resulted in 8 weeks off work.

my right shoulder keeps getting dislocated doing stupid shit, last three times were playing volleyball, explosive chin-ups and trying to get a hospital bed in a crate

Where's dat dere functional strength when you need it

oh reuben
FunctionalStrength.jpg

When my brother was very young, he use to sit in the shower for ages, and mum use to bang on the wall to tell him to get out. This one time, she'd knocked a couple of times but he'd fallen asleep. She got the shits and burst into the bathroom to give him a ear full. It scared the shit out of him, he stood up really quickly and put his head through the ceramic soap dish that was tiled into the wall.

He sliced his head clean open down to the skull and was bleeding like a stuck pig. We rushed him to hospital with a towel on his head. By the time we got there, the towel was half soaked with blood. It took 8 stitches and the tough bastard hardly flinched the whole time - even when they injected the anesthetic into the would in several locations!!!

lmao

As an aside, a towel is a bad thing to use because it is ultra absorbent so the blood never had a chance to clot
You'd be better off with tissue paper

Was sitting on my kitchen bench, hopped down and put my tibia/fibia through the ligaments in my foot when I was 19.

When younger did some pretty stupid shit, tried swinging on our garage door lead from the garage to the letter box (15m), in primary school was swinging around a pole and managed to KO myself