• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

struggle to eat enough

The whole point of eating cereal for breakfast is that it keeps you full lol. That's WHY you eat it and how it's marketed.

Eggs, steak and nuts for breakfast.
Lunch should be something fairly light as you need to train.
30g of sugar will be fine pre workout for energy.
Smash back the calories post training when you'll be hungriest and most insulin sensitive. Focus on meat first then work your way into the starches and vegetables.
With lower blood sugar you'll be hungrier. You don't need a lot of "energy" to train. If your sets are shorter than 7 seconds you're using ATP stores. Up to 30 seconds is the muscles glycogen. You can store 2,500kcal in glycogen and this is PLENTY to last you through the day and training. Yeah it will suck the first week. Just take some stimulants an hour before you train

You struggle to eat enough because you're eating low calorie foods.
Instead of breast- go for wings
Cook your shit in animal fat, butter or olive oil and drink it after
Stews are kind of the shit. Find the fattiest mince you can and chop up some onions and add some starches, beans and you have a mean ass chili. Darkoz is a fan of goulash. Any kind of stew is good but make sure you drink all the juices! This is the goodness and calories. Fats are probably the best and easiest way to increase calories. Save your carbs until last in the meal and you'll be able to eat way more.

I was always a little fucking faggit when it came to eating and it took a lot of trial and error before I found out how to eat seriously as it does not come naturally to me. Keeping the blood sugar on the low side and eating plenty fats. is the key if you have trouble.

I'd start by taking your body weight, multiplying it by 3 and having that in fats a day from animal sources. So if you're 90kg then 270g of fats a day is a good amount. With hamburger mince that is 1.4kg of mince which you can EASILY eat in one sitting. 400g for lunch, 200g for breakfast and 800g for dinner is literally no issue at all. Then just fill up on carbs and veges

thanks for the info, a friend of mine swear by the meat and nut breakfast. its funny you say that about cereal i find that it make me more hungry for the morning, if i skip breakfast i feel like i dont have an appetite at all, who knows maybe thats a mindset.

i want to get into the stews and shit but a lot of my stuff in in storage as i am building a house atm, i have a nice big slow cooker which would be perfect but its somewhere deep in there.

i have been reading your log and took some inspiration from it, this week i have lots of chicken wings, marinaded them and cooked them up yesterday for the week knocked off half a kg this morning so by your link on your log that should be approx 1100cal which was quite easy to nail down so next week i will do a bit more. - that has already netted me and extra 400-500 cal on what i was eating before so with my the macadamia oil i will be adding to my shakes i should be about 1000 - 1200 cal up on my previous diet. so heading in the right direction.

once again thanks everyone for their suggestions

Chicken wings I can easily smash back 2kg in one sitting
For some reason, when I grill the chicken wings I can eat far less than oven baked. So now I grill them to feel more full.

Ice cream is very good and perfect very nutritious and my favourite bulking food. Woolworths sell 1L tubs of awesome flavours like honeycomb-caramel-macadamia and it goes down very easy even when you're stuffed. Stay away from the processed oils like nut oils and opt for lard, butter and olive oils. Cholesterol + saturated fats = gains. So if it's a solid at room temperature it's good. But olive oil is very good also.

I would even say that saturated fats and cholesterol are even more important than protein. So that's why these days I count fats and let the protein fall wherever and will drink some shakes or egg whites during the day as I only eat one meal

The whole point of eating cereal for breakfast is that it keeps you full lol. That's WHY you eat it and how it's marketed.

Eggs, steak and nuts for breakfast.
Lunch should be something fairly light as you need to train.
30g of sugar will be fine pre workout for energy.
Smash back the calories post training when you'll be hungriest and most insulin sensitive. Focus on meat first then work your way into the starches and vegetables.
With lower blood sugar you'll be hungrier. You don't need a lot of "energy" to train. If your sets are shorter than 7 seconds you're using ATP stores. Up to 30 seconds is the muscles glycogen. You can store 2,500kcal in glycogen and this is PLENTY to last you through the day and training. Yeah it will suck the first week. Just take some stimulants an hour before you train

You struggle to eat enough because you're eating low calorie foods.
Instead of breast- go for wings
Cook your shit in animal fat, butter or olive oil and drink it after
Stews are kind of the shit. Find the fattiest mince you can and chop up some onions and add some starches, beans and you have a mean ass chili. Darkoz is a fan of goulash. Any kind of stew is good but make sure you drink all the juices! This is the goodness and calories. Fats are probably the best and easiest way to increase calories. Save your carbs until last in the meal and you'll be able to eat way more.

I was always a little fucking faggit when it came to eating and it took a lot of trial and error before I found out how to eat seriously as it does not come naturally to me. Keeping the blood sugar on the low side and eating plenty fats. is the key if you have trouble.

I'd start by taking your body weight, multiplying it by 3 and having that in fats a day from animal sources. So if you're 90kg then 270g of fats a day is a good amount. With hamburger mince that is 1.4kg of mince which you can EASILY eat in one sitting. 400g for lunch, 200g for breakfast and 800g for dinner is literally no issue at all. Then just fill up on carbs and veges

And then you have the retarded anti grains crowd who say that cereal for breakfast is no good because carbs don't fill you up. There is nothing wrong with cereal for a person trying to put on weight. Just fucking eat.

People are majoring in all the minor shit here. Fuck all the bullshit off, if you are skinny çunt calories are what you need, no fancy sounding fad diets. Just find what you like to eat and eat a lot of it. Simple.

Fucking wings again. Fucking overrated.

>I may never eat another chicken wing again<

[MENTION=12357]d1mitch[/MENTION]; don't skip breakfast, having breakfast will stimulate your appetite

You really don't need to eat wings or meat and nut brekkies or any particular mode of eating.

You do need to include more calorie dense food into your diet though.
Add in some nuts, use some olive oil and butter, have your tuna with olive oil intact, and ffs eat some dark chocolate, ice cream etc

You don't need to eat a lot of junk, just make sure you are getting enough calorie dense food as part of each day's intake.

Drink your calories when you cannot eat them (that was my trick and also what I do now if I'm having a tough time which is rare now).

have an extra protein shake/milkshake and add some nuts or cacao etc to them.

It's not rocket science.

You really don't need to eat wings or meat and nut brekkies or any particular mode of eating.

You do need to include more calorie dense food into your diet though.
Add in some nuts, use some olive oil and butter, have your tuna with olive oil intact, and ffs eat some dark chocolate, ice cream etc

You don't need to eat a lot of junk, just make sure you are getting enough calorie dense food as part of each day's intake.

Drink your calories when you cannot eat them (that was my trick and also what I do now if I'm having a tough time which is rare now).

have an extra protein shake/milkshake and add some nuts or cacao etc to them.

It's not rocket science.

pffftt rocket science
Physics is where it's at

And then you have the retarded anti grains crowd who say that cereal for breakfast is no good because carbs don't fill you up. There is nothing wrong with cereal for a person trying to put on weight. Just fucking eat.

Nothing to do with filling you up and not filling you up, cereal certainly is not food designed for bulking no matter which way you look at it.

Even my kids don't touch the stuff, and thats their own choice, they prefer eggs and toast for breakfast.

Ice cream would have to be the ultimate bulking food, should be easy to add a litre of ice cream to your daily diet if you are serious about putting some weight on.

Wish I had this problem.

When are you going to start taking interstate orders hmmm?!

once i get my local stuff sorted. still waiting for packaging dude to hurry up with my bags

just thinking ... this kid could do with a few of my bars too to help get over the kcal target! :D

Nothing to do with filling you up and not filling you up, cereal certainly is not food designed for bulking no matter which way you look at it.

Even my kids don't touch the stuff, and thats their own choice, they prefer eggs and toast for breakfast.

Ice cream would have to be the ultimate bulking food, should be easy to add a litre of ice cream to your daily diet if you are serious about putting some weight on.

Wish I had this problem.

Bacon and eggs is the ultimate bulking food
Yeah!

Wish I had this problem.

Oh please fill me in why cereal is not "designed" for bulking.

They are kids they fucking eat what you give em or go hungry.

1 liter of ice cream is my cutting diet.