• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shitty gym advice?

Surely just doing compounds isn't the worst gym advice you've heard @Rugby88 ;?? Better than some PT telling you to stick to only machines, I bet. Yeah the abs one if a bit klutzy but if you're not flashing them @ stereo who cares.. lol

I honestly haven't heard much "bad advice" as I generally distance myself with ppl like that in the gym as fast as possible. Def limiting yourself if you think bench, squat, dead are the be all and end all of training....

I don't believe it's shitty advice, if you only have access to a barbell and plates, it's the best tool to have to build strength.
Rugby is a throwing out the baby with the bath water type of guy.

You don't need much to stengthen the abs and you don't need to do many differing variations and endless reps and sets.

Totally not what I said - yea if that's all u have access too then yea of course that's all u can do.

Drink milk an squat,
Turns out that too much milk gives me liquid shit, and squatting apparently makes me wanna poop.

Drink milk an squat,
Turns out that too much milk gives me liquid shit, and squatting apparently makes me wanna poop.
I don't have any problems with lactose, and have legit done supersets of milk and power cleans on occasion. But GOMAD is by far some of the stupidest advice I've taken (and when I should have known better, mind you -- I already had all the information I needed, but the milk and squats crew were super-effective at convincing me that anything to the contrary of milk and squats is just dogma, while milk and squats = the one true way). My health and body composition have more or less recovered from that (finally), although my metabolism hasn't.

Got a new one, handstand push ups will assist my OHP.

And I thought a OHP will assist my OHP.

Not at all, just the sheer obvious relationship between the two, didn't think it would have warranted the input