• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Repitition efficiency

Tell me what is wrong with this video.

Forget about the exersice he is doing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVNuc9HSQCo&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Moji Oluwa Concentration Curls - YouTube[/ame]

Not fully stretching on the negative but fuck me, from now on I'm doing half reps to get biceps like that!

Not fully stretching on the negative but fuck me, from now on I'm doing half reps to get biceps like that!

Yeah, pity about the stretch...but how often do you see someone move at that speed, I mean it's smooth and controlled, squeezing at contraction, no swinging or heaving, which of course needs less weight.

So, it not always about the weight moved, but whats more important is how you execute the rep.

Definitely Goosey, it's been said many times, work the muscle not the weight and as you've said before, intensity of work which can't be quantified by a number.

I just started doing concentration curls and they are now my favourite bicep exercise.

Whats wrong with it - im pretty sure he starts curling his wrist near the top part of the movement

Definitely Goosey, it's been said many times, work the muscle not the weight and as you've said before, intensity of work which can't be quantified by a number.

Agreed, I know a few bbers who used to squat heavy but have since learned to work the muscle more and now generally only squat between 100 and 140kg.

I just started doing concentration curls and they are now my favourite bicep exercise.

Whats wrong with it - im pretty sure he starts curling his wrist near the top part of the movement

I like doing them the way Arnie used to

Agreed, I know a few bbers who used to squat heavy but have since learned to work the muscle more and now generally only squat between 100 and 140kg.

That's the thing, if you're working out for muscle mass then you try as much as you can to make the exercise as difficult and productive for the particular muscle you're working.
When I'm doing bench, then my primary goal is to work the pecs not the lats, shoulders, triceps or any other muscle.
Of course all those other muscles come into play but that's the beauty of a compound movenment.

If you squat 30 rep's without any weight making sure that you move smoothly and without pause, maintaining constant tension on the muclses being worked...which is a lot, then it's actually quite difficult and extremely uncomfortable and painful...
You're pretty good if you can do three sets of thirty.

It does the body good to do this often.

But I now really believe that you'd benefit from training correctly, that's if you intend to be doing this for a long long time.