• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

The bar must be motionless.

Everyone loses a different ammount of strength with a pause.

Kelly has paused 152.5kg, 161kg TAG

Max has paused 105kg, 110kg TAG

Fat Dave paused 105kg, 107.5kg TAG

Nick 145kg paused, 150kg TAG

Thats interesting... I suppose it gives you an idea as to where someone is weakest in the bench? I.e Kelly gets alot out of a bounce the momentum to drive the bar back up.. I kow everyone is weakest in that low part of the bench but its interesting to see just how much difference some people have.

Do your boys train for tag or pause when doing reps..

Pause.

Actually, Kelly is the fastest bencher I have off the chest, Max has the strongest lockout, along with Nina, she has no issues with 120kg lockouts

Max spent an hour doing speed benching tonight.I have posted previously that he works on weaknesses more than anyone I have ever met.

Kelly had tweaked his shoulder, its only coming good now. At the PTC bench comp, he benched 7.5kg more than he did at the Nats. I cant wait till he pauses double bodyweight raw.

Bold part - everyone is NOT weakest is the low part of the bench - I have a number of guys that can blast a weight off there chest but not able to lock it out.

The everyday person is prob weaker off the chest purely because they dont know how to bench (hence why ppl bring the bar to about 3 inches off there chest and then tell everyone they bench 180kgs lol) but saying that the normal person will sturggle with the whole movement.... lol

Once an athlete has learnt how to bench then it starts to become very easy where there weakness and strengths are - and really most of my good benches are good off the chest but struggle at lockout....for awhile anyway.

Last edited:

Once again proof that everybody is different... I stand corrected....

**Replacement, Every one i have ever seen bench is weakest off the chest...

So they simply becnh 10inches higher then it.

I have quite a few who are strong off the chest, weak at the top.

Simmo is the best example, he just dies at the top, hence his weak 110kg bench

I used to bench without touching my chest cause i was told you should only bend your arms to 90degrees. Such a noob.

I hate people that give wrong advice.

I never fail a BP on the chest, usually it's about 3-4 inches off it that I'd fail.

Seen a guy training at my gym who has very strong lockout but piss poor off the chest. He's about 70kg and could lock out 150kg, but his best bench is something like 75kg x5.

Just made 100kg BP (TAG) yesterday - my 2010 goal, with 5.5 months to spare! Was quite smooth.

I hope to make 110kg paused BP by the end of the year.

Ta. I'll wait to see if I can set a new PB in the deadlift this Saturday, then update them all. Have new squat, clean and OH PBs as well.

This has been my experience too. Most people you see at the gym getting stuck at the bar happen at the lower portion of the bench. I don't doubt there are people out there with high end issues, but these people have a bigger voice than low enders.

Hmmmm, that makes sence in my head Oli.

Do you think speed bench with bands is in the same catagory as normal benching with bands?

I think they could be different....

Chains, bands and boards got Nicks bench from 117.5kg to 150kg in around 3-4 months.

Dont believe everything you read fellas.

Not even this lol

Its all documented in a thread on ns.com, weekly updates I think.

PASS, with vid.
Not sure if its comp pass, it did pause, but didnt dip or hitch! Im calling it a pass.
New avatar too, dead/rows/chins are working