• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw Training

Nina managed to C&PP 55kg x 2 today, thats the weight she needs to do in the rep challenge.

So far Max and Nina have been able to C&OH the weight required. Max did 100kg x 2 the other night, he only needs to do 95kg

Alen is just shy by about 4kg, Daryl is 2kg shy, Gareth hasnt attempted it yet. I dont think anyone else is close enough to bother.

Max 100kg x 2 @ 75kg
Nina 55kg x 2 @ 60kg
Daryl 90kg x 1 @ 72kg
Alen 100kg x 1 @ 84kg

No. The footballers all did 20 rep sets yesterday, but they actually go REALLY well at UDL's (both types)

I think this Saturday should be UDL day

Other news just in, Wayne Howlett posted a video on Facebook of him squatting 250kg x 6 with no knee wraps. Fuck.

It would have been okay if he at least looked like he was struggling.

74kg

He will weigh under 75kg for the rep challenge.

He squatted 140kg x 10 on his 5th set of 140kg squats last week, he did 3 x 8 with 140kg yesterday.

He benched 100kg x 5 x 5 last night. His deadlifting is as good as its been

He is only using 140kg for squats, adding reps each week, normally doing 5 sets. He is up to 9 reps next week

Using 100kg on BP, up to 6 reps next week

Using 180kg on deads up to 10's I think

All these for 5 sets, 3 x week

On jerks he is using 100kg. He is only cleaning 100kg as thats all he needs.

The weights he'll need in the Rep Challenge are

Squat 132.5kg
Bench 95kg
Deadlift 150kg
C&J 95kg

Alen and Daryl are doing nearly exactly the same, although they are getting fewer reps. Alen is deadlifting 190kg.

Instead of increasing the weights like most do, the boys are increasing the reps. Daryl will pull 200kg @67.5kg at States, teenager. Bench 120kg and squat 170-180kg. He could go for 500kg @ 67.5kg as an 18yo.

Thats impressive.He squatted 160kg x 3 recently, no wraps. His sumo deadlift is going to skyrocket his total.

I should add, Kelly, Matt, Michael and Chris are favourites for the Rep Challenge, but with cash going to the Top Six, there is loose change available for some.

There may be some sneaky guys entering lol

AdamJK is an exceptional lifter, especially on reps. Gareth, Nathan and a few others are dark horses, I'm unsure of their rep ability

From experience, the winner will weigh between 70kg and 95kg.

Are you coming Scott?

lol..... max shoudl win by the sounds of things markos but he will be using 170 for the deadlift..if hes moving those weights he shodl be able to squat 135 for almost 20 bench 95 for 10-12 and deadlift 170 for 15-20 ... he has the edge on all of us in clean and press and is probably more conditioned then chris, kelly, matt and myself and anybody else who enters for that matter...

Add to that I know matt and I wont be training for this because we both are more worried about 1rms im not sure about kelly and chirs but my money would be on max if I was a betting man... which I am. I dont stand a chance against any of those boys at the moment.

Top lifting by daryl. the kid just needs to stay focused and commited and he could be an elite lifter in a few years. hes built for powerlifitng.

Last edited:
Id love to come Markos, I'm just super strapped for cash.
Cash is the only reason I won't get to nats too :(.

Setting up a good gym is expensive!

The gauntlet has been thrown.

Have u said that to Max yet? Or are u waiting for him to stumble upon ur post?

As for my training, Michael, i have no idea what the fuck i'm doing at the moment. I just wanna get some solid training back into me. I'm not really that interested in focusing 100% on just 1RM though, as it's not too conducive too my MMA and Muay Thai training. Also, I hate reps but i also hate trying to peak for powerlifting comps. I'd say i'd be leaning more towards some sort of training for the Rep Challenge. I believe i'd be more beneficial to my other training.

Max wont beat his mum, I know how many reps she'll get, roughly.

We have already discussed this, Max reckons he will, all I know is it will be really close.

Kelly, Chris, Michael and Matt will dominate.

There was discussion that UDL reps should be worth half a point and double points for C&J, considering the degree of difficulty, but everyone would have thought I'd done that to help Max, so I just left it.

It will be interesting to see how many times he can C&J 95kg in 2 minutes. He's confident it will be over 5. That's the only event he can win.

Nobody has tried 2 minutes on UDL's yet

WHat about if UDL's still count as 1 point but C&J are double point. At least that way the discrepancy between the two isn't that great. I mean no one is really gonna be able to C&J that many reps to really make too big a difference.

It'll be interesting to see what kinda strategy everyone uses, cos it's not just about going hammer and tongs on each event.

BTW just for the record, i ain't even close to cleaning BW+20kg.

Last edited:
We have already discussed this, Max reckons he will, all I know is it will be really close.

Kelly, Chris, Michael and Matt will dominate.

What about the guy from QLD who is under 70kg and squats 220kg raw? I think that bloke has it in the bag.