• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ProRaw Powerlifting

Great point Kyle, and here is my response.

For those of you that dont know, I have been organizing comps since January 2007, well before PTC.

At AD10, I had 40 lifters. At the 2009 CAPO state titles, they had 12. After an unsavoury incident with a rival organization, I threw our support behind CAPO.

I feel that I helped boost there numbers, we had 31 lifters at the 2010 State titles, 16 from PTC.

Now I dont feel as though I am another Fed, I have been doing this for a few years with more success (in terms of lifters) than the other feds, all out of a garage.

At AD10, every single competitor got a prize that was greater in value than the entry fee. I have always been able to get sponsors to support lifters, as well as talk lifters into competing, and not just in Vic.

At this years CAPO Nats, I feel a played a role in some interstate lifters competing, Scott from Qld, Michael and Matt from Qld,Mitch from the NT.

At the WA titles, I convinced Paulie and Alvin to compete.

Now if PTC could get 40 lifters to compete, and none were from CAPO and only 2 from PA, imagine what I could organize now.

I'm pretty confident that I could get more than 40 from PTC now, plus a host of current competing CAPO, plus a bus load of new guys who have started at PTC since, as well as a couple of internationals.

This is simply an extension of the PTC comps I have already been running for 4 years now. I had plenty of disappointed clients when I called off BATB this year. The feedback I get, and its been posted on these boards before, is that the comps I've run at the past were tremendous fun.

Even since joining CAPO, the guys that lifted there still prefer PTC comps. All I'm doing is continuing the tradition, but its gotten too big for my garage, fact.

So I'm going to test the waters, take it up a notch, see if I get the support from sponsors and lifters.

So in reality, I'm not starting a new Fed, just changing the name of one that got too big.

Initially it was CAPO that came to me and asked if I'd bring my lifters to them, late 2009, and I declined, we had more competitors, people shouldnt forget that, CAPO should thank a certain mister from a rival fed for CAPO's growth, for without his involvement, I never would have stopped PTC comps to go lift in CAPO.

So PTC is just the origin of ProRaw, it was around when others werent as prosperous.

Oh, and I nearly forgot, the most attractive thing about ProRaw is not what its got, but what it hasnt got, which was so nicely pointed out to me in a text a few hours ago

The politics

I totally see where you are coming from PTC.

I am a big fan of what Eric Talmant has done with Raw Unity- which is unsanctioned and not tied to any federation- and lives on the principle of bringing all together under one banner. Eric is also big on promoting the sport. I now see Raw Unity as one of the big competitions of the year, mainly because you get guys from different feds going head to head, dropping the equipment and lifting under one set of rules. I would have loved to lift there, but alas it wasn't to be. I have no doubt that politics is whats worst about the sport. I try to stay clear of that. When I was thinking Raw Unity- I didn't care at all whether my competitors were tested or not. I know I'm drug free- I bring my game and would do my best regardless of what others were up to. If someone lifts more than me, they lift more- whatever the reasons are- they lift more.

In the IPF its different- the expectation is drug-free, but something like Raw Unity is a different creature. Open lifting- cross fed- unsanctioned and raw.

I'm not quite so passionate about what separates the feds as Macmad- I don't really care so much about what others choose to do- but I am very much committed to IPF lifting- primarily because that is where I have done all my lifting, it provides the environment and competition that suits me and I have built so many great friendships there. When I think about the lifting and lifters I most admire- its IPF. But thats just my preferences.

Thats my long way of saying great idea- unfortunately I'd be spectator only. If you had asked me about 2 years ago I'd probably throw in my resignation from PA and get onboard, but now I'm pretty happy where I'm at.

Last edited:
I dont expect anyone to change footy teams big fella.

I would love you, and every single PL in Australia to compete at ProRaw, but politics ensure that can never happen in Australia, which is a shame.

I may have to change the date of our first comp if a few lifters competing at Raw Unity are planning on coming down. As soon as I hear, I'll let everyone know

Fair points, Markos, and that all makes sense. Anything that gets more people lifting and competing has got to be good.

Now, if it's not a fed and just an extension of the garage, maybe you could chuck in an extra couple of lifts as with BATB and the rest, that would definitely be a point of difference from the feds.

I thought about continuing in the 5 lift PTC tradition, but this may scare off CAPO and International lifters, I want to maximize numbers, I feel this would reduce not increase numbers.

I know the PTC guys love it, but its not a PTC comp anymore.

Oh, and I nearly forgot, the most attractive thing about ProRaw is not what its got, but what it hasnt got, which was so nicely pointed out to me in a text a few hours ago

The politics

I'd pay extra, even double, in membership fee just to make sure there's no petty politics.

The vast majority of lifters lift for fun and passion for the sport. They don't really care about prizes or titles. There are plenty of other avenues to make more money and get a better ego massage than powerlifting.

Nobody other than myself will ever have a say as to how a comp is run, thats why I want no part in a CAPO sanction.

For those that never lifted in a PTC comp, I can tell you that before I change any rules, I discuss it with the lifters, the only ones it affects, before I do anything.

This is why the MP went to PP then C&OH and finally a rack press/jerk.

No one hates politics or authority as much as I do

I've had an inquiry from one of the strongest PL in the world about coming over from the States to compete.

Obviously the bigger names will allow me to get the bigger dollars from sponsors, which will make the prize money go higher, which will attract bigger names and it keeps going round.

His name is Jesse Kellum.

Best total at 90kg is 1013kg (equipped)

Best total at 100kg is 1084kg (equipped)

I would never have dreamed of anyone of Jesse's caliber coming to our first meet, I hope it eventuates.

This will help elevate the sport in Oz.

Its pre mature at the moment, but the fact he even showed interest is telling me I'm going down the right track.

Last edited:
To any International lifters reading this.

If you decide to come over to Australia and compete, let me know as soon as you can and I will organize a seminar in my gym with all proceeds going to you.

This will help with your costs in case you dont win lol

This seems like it will be a pretty awesome meet.

Is this the sort of meet that would be good for a first shot? (Knowing that I won't do to well against other 100kg blokes?) Or would I be better off just spectating and going somewhere else for my first meet?

Yes it would be a great meet. The PTC comps are the best environment to lift in. Markos wants to continue them on a bigger scale with this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Live streaming over the net would be a great way to promote the event and would increase exposure for future events and sponsors.

Yes it would be a great meet. The PTC comps are the best environment to lift in. Markos wants to continue them on a bigger scale with this.
Posted via Mobile Device

In that case I might give it a bash.