• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now onto more serious matters. Can you call a Weber "a real BBQ"???

It's the only real BBQ, anything that uses gas is not a BBQ IMO, you need to use real fire and real char coal and hickory chunks.

Something you keep in your garage all clean and polished prolly isn't "a real BBQ".

Doesn't live in my garage and isn't clean and polished, they sit outside and are usually filthy, however a can of oven cleaner and pressure cleaner brought them up nice for todays party.

You woulda seen @Bazza20; 's BBQ. About a metre long by a foot wide, big enough to cook half a Cow on.

The man is a moron, but I have two Webers for a reason, one is not big enough to cook up 4kg of meat.

Anyway enjoy.

I will be, photos to come.

It's the only real BBQ, anything that uses gas is not a BBQ IMO, you need to use real fire and real char coal and hickory chunks.

Doesn't live in my garage and isn't clean and polished, they sit outside and are usually filthy, however a can of oven cleaner and pressure cleaner brought them up nice for todays party.

The man is a moron, but I have two Webers for a reason, one is not big enough to cook up 4kg of meat.

I will be, photos to come.

I think "a Real BBQ" is a concrete structure. Like a monument to everything that is Aussie and Masculine. No offence, but portable BBQs look like they were made for Metrosexuals.

Aside from being rude, I'm fukcing sick of comments like this. If you want to perform at a level above the average or compete you will need to modify your diet to some degree. Doesn'tmatter whether you're talking bodybuilding or powerlifting or athletics. Of course food and life should be enjoyed but if you think you don't need to change your diet to get certain results you're kidding yourself. Especially if you want to be 6-7% bf naturally. He's just gone and bought lunch while he's at work ffs Mick. I'm sure a smoker and fridge full of JD pre-mix is on the bosses to-do list next week.

You seem to take things a bit seriously lately, I have been sick of some of the posts here for a few years now (eve started a thread about it a while back), decided if you can't beat them join them, so may be have a spoon full of concrete or otherwise the big bad be the internet is not the place for you:confused:

You can easily achieve your goals with a balanced diet of proper food, his results are despite of his diet not because of it.

I think "a Real BBQ" is a concrete structure. Like a monument to everything that is Aussie and Masculine. No offence, but portable BBQs look like they were made for Metrosexuals.

As long as it does not run on gas, gas BBQ's are for amateurs.

I like portable ones as they can be moved around and taken along.

In a few months I will be buying a portable smoker, then we will be having real Texas Smokehouse BBQ..

You seem to take things a bit seriously lately, I have been sick of some of the posts here for a few years now (eve started a thread about it a while back), decided if you can't beat them join them, so may be have a spoon full of concrete or otherwise the big bad be the internet is not the place for you:confused:

You can easily achieve your goals with a balanced diet of proper food, his results are despite of his diet not because of it.

Lol. This is a bodybuilding and powerlifting forum mate, if you don't like anything outside of the normal and think you can achieve in these sports with a balanced diet all year round maybe you'd be happier and find people with more in common in a forum like this -

http://www.womens-health.com/boards/forum

May I suggest you start with a nutrition thread that might be more up your alley like this..

http://www.womens-health.com/boards/articles/732120-foods-to-help-alleviate-period-pains

This is AUSBB kunt. The BB stands for bodybuilding. We do 'wacky' things like eat specific diets to get peeled and that means not eating ribs and JD for dinner erry night, and we like to maintain body fat below 25% princess.

Haha if you can't beat em join em? Fair enough, you're welcome to be just another twit on the interwebs champ. Keep it up.

images

Last edited:
Really an old school weber is a kettle, not a bbq.... You don't spend 2 hours prepping a weber, getting the coals hot enough only to grill a steak for 3 minutes

Looks like you got ripped, the stuff you eat I would not touch with a 10 foot pole, each to their own I guess...

Probably why you look like you do and why I look like I do. It must be miserable when you have such high expectations of food, where everything is a disappointment. Everything I eat tastes awesome and I enjoy the subtle tastes of different ingredients.

Lol. This is a bodybuilding and powerlifting forum mate, if you don't like anything outside of the normal and think you can achieve in these sports with a balanced diet all year round maybe you'd be happier and find people with more in common in a forum like this -

http://www.womens-health.com/boards/forum

May I suggest you start with a nutrition thread that might be more up your alley like this..

http://www.womens-health.com/boards/articles/732120-foods-to-help-alleviate-period-pains

This is AUSBB kunt. The BB stands for bodybuilding. We do 'wacky' things like eat specific diets to get peeled and that means not eating ribs and JD for dinner erry night, and we like to maintain body fat below 25% princess.

Haha if you can't beat em join em? Fair enough, you're welcome to be just another twit on the interwebs champ. Keep it up.

images

Thanks. Yeah people seem to have got lost along the way. Once upon a time this was a bodybuilding/powerlifting/fitness forum. Well that's what I assumed when I signed up. It's a sign of the times when you get bagged for following a protocol and eating healthy, and then encourage others to get fat and pretend to be a PT.

Everyone loves cheat meals/BBQs, but you like you said Mick, you need to balance it out. When are you going to balance in some training and healthy eating? You like building gyms and talking about them more than actually using them. If we're all doing it wrong, please post up your training and progress.

Thanks. Yeah people seem to have got lost along the way. Once upon a time this was a bodybuilding/powerlifting/fitness forum. Well that's what I assumed when I signed up. It's a sign of the times when you get bagged for following a protocol and eating healthy, and then encourage others to get fat and pretend to be a PT.

Everyone loves cheat meals/BBQs, but you like you said Mick, you need to balance it out. When are you going to balance in some training and healthy eating? You like building gyms and talking about them more than actually using them. If we're all doing it wrong, please post up your training and progress.

I eat healthy all the time, pretty sure I eat more healthy on a daily basis than what you do.

I think you are every confused about what 'healthy' is.

Tell me one healthy or even beneficial thing about rice cakes or gluten free cakes or out of date rubbish from the local food court presumably washed down with BCAA's that are straining your organs??

I would not touch anything out of a food court prepared from questionable ingredients with questionable hygiene standards, especially at the end of the day after it's been sitting there all day with people coughing and sneezing all over it and bacteria breeding in it, just the thought makes me feel ill, my health is worth more than that to me I would rather skip that meal and eat when I get home or eat my food that I take to work.

Why is a BBQ a cheat meal?? It's meat, it's protein, it's BCAA's, it's a crap load better for you then gluten free cakes and rice cakes etc etc

I been training since well before you crawled out of your mums nether region and shit your first nappy and I am still going, come back in another 20 or 30 years and see how you will be going??

Probably why you look like you do and why I look like I do.

Don't worry if you keep training for a few more years you may start weighing in close to a gown man as well.

Life is too short to be small.

It must be miserable when you have such high expectations of food, where everything is a disappointment. Everything I eat tastes awesome and I enjoy the subtle tastes of different ingredients.

Haha awesome rice cakes and out of date food from the Food Court mmmmmm must be deliciously awesome, mate you post up what you eat here, so I know what you eat and it's neither healthy nor awesome.

Here is awesome and healthy, 100% natural ribs, marinated in Kentucky BBQ marinade, slow cooked for five hours over char coal and hickory chunks, served up with a huge green salad.

I eat healthy all the time, pretty sure I eat more healthy on a daily basis than what you do.

I think you are every confused about what 'healthy' is.

Tell me one healthy or even beneficial thing about rice cakes or gluten free cakes or out of date rubbish from the local food court presumably washed down with BCAA's that are straining your organs??

I would not touch anything out of a food court prepared from questionable ingredients with questionable hygiene standards, especially at the end of the day after it's been sitting there all day with people coughing and sneezing all over it and bacteria breeding in it, just the thought makes me feel ill, my health is worth more than that to me I would rather skip that meal and eat when I get home or eat my food that I take to work.

Why is a BBQ a cheat meal?? It's meat, it's protein, it's BCAA's, it's a crap load better for you then gluten free cakes and rice cakes etc etc

I been training since well before you crawled out of your mums nether region and shit your first nappy and I am still going, come back in another 20 or 30 years and see how you will be going??
You drink alcohol which is classed as a poison.
People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.

BCAA's still make you feel good Mick?

if you want BCAA's Bulk Nutrients sell it by the kilo, I use 15 gram during my workout mixed into my water bottle, not sure it does anything or is even needed to be honest, but cheap enough and makes me feel good!!

You drink alcohol which is classed as a poison.
People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones.

Last time I had alcohol was probably a few month ago, possibly my birthday if I remember correctly, so I don't think it's much of an issue or compares to flooding your body on a daily basis with supplements of questionable benefit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.