• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinions - Bumpers - Homegym

Me personally I'd just get 25s - theyre the same diameter and things will add up evenly if you get 2x10s and 2x15s.

Oli is right, you only need one pair of 10's and one pair of 15's, everything else 20's and 25's

2x10
2x15

yeah but the cost is exorbitant & I can buy 10x 10kg for that price....unfortunately limited budgets.. for this purchase... Trying to maximise my options with a group in buy...

You're not going to fit that much weight on the bar with a tonne of 10s. Just buy as many 25s as you can and save the money until you can next afford it.

You're not going to fit that much weight on the bar with a tonne of 10s. Just buy as many 25s as you can and save the money until you can next afford it.

When buying weight lifting equipment you have to look to the future. What seems like a massive weight now is warm up weight in the future. Otherwise your going to be continuously replacing your equipment.

I must be dumb at maths 10 x 10kg plates = $650, thats $6.50kg 10 x 15kg plates = $750, thats $5.00kg 10 x 20kg plates = $850, thats $4.25kg 10 x 25kg plates = $1050, thats $4.20kg The 10kg plates offer the WORST value

With All the talk about bumpers and heaps of people wanting them, Why doesnt someone try to set up a group buy, though Auskb for a crap load of the iron edge plates,, everyone puts in a committed order, pays for their own freight..I have seen it done on many forums before, and you can save mega bucks if the supplier is willing.,

With All the talk about bumpers and heaps of people wanting them, Why doesnt someone try to set up a group buy, though Auskb for a crap load of the iron edge plates,, everyone puts in a committed order, pays for their own freight..I have seen it done on many forums before, and you can save mega bucks if the supplier is willing.,

That's a good idea. Might just do it for Melbourne folk though. I'll post it in the buy/sell section.

That's a good idea. Might just do it for Melbourne folk though. I'll post it in the buy/sell section.

This is what I was trying to get at.. but as I am a newbie to the forum, I did not want to step on any toes... Great to see we are all on the same page. Better value for all.

John