• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New Advanced Formulas - True PRE and True POST *** SAMPLES AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW***

1. How long before training would you take the PRE and the apple?
2. Is the POST to be taken immediately after training?
3. Is it fine to mix the POST with the protein?

Pre workouts are usually 20-30 minutes before working out.

The post already contains protein. It's a WPI and dextrose blend.

Thanks @SteveP you've pretty much answered that for me.

The True PRE is essentially an advanced amino acid blend, but will still need to be combined with a high quality complete whey protein for best effects (when i say combined, i mean taken in close proximity not blended together). It also contains no carbs which for most of us training are integral and hence the apple is a just a suggestion of a convenient carb source that personally works well for me and some of the other guys in the office.

True POST is an all in one with protein WPI and amino's. It's a solid 80g serve and provides 28g protein and 31g carbs in the form of Dextrose. For this just take it on its own as soon as possible after training is complete. Make sure you get a proper meal with your macros in around about an hour afterwards.

Last edited:
Also something that occurred to me last night, when you get the PRE and POST formulas give them a decent shake up in the bags. They've been through all the blending process but there is a chance that some of the ingredient may settle a bit at the bottom of the satchels. Likewise give it a decent shake before consumption with the mesh ball to make sure everything disperses correctly.

If you want to add extra protein/dextrose/maltodextrin to the POST then that is completely fine and it will blend in easily, just be aware of what is included as a base point and know that there are already decent amounts of protein and carbs in the blend as standard.

@SteveP - Good to hear your about to start using the blends. Just read your comment about the scoop and that's fair. We had a dilemma as we only have 0.5ml, 5ml and 60ml scoops in stock sizes so would need to make up a new mold to get a custom one produced. The 5ml worked out to be like 6 or 7 scoops, so we just advised 1/2 a large TP scoop. Hopefully we can get this sorted for the next production run.

Oh fantastico, that's good clarification. I have oats and some protein in the morning then train an hour or so later, so I'll just take the PRE before I head out the door. Smash a POST when I come back. Perfecto.

@SteveP - Good to hear your about to start using the blends. Just read your comment about the scoop and that's fair. We had a dilemma as we only have 0.5ml, 5ml and 60ml scoops in stock sizes so would need to make up a new mold to get a custom one produced. The 5ml worked out to be like 6 or 7 scoops, so we just advised 1/2 a large TP scoop. Hopefully we can get this sorted for the next production run.

Ideally a 10g scoop would be better. Each 20g serving size contains 250mg of caffeine which is quite strong. With a 10g scoop people could just take half a serving size if they didn't need a full hit.

If you start having half serves you also get half of everything else. You're better off using the caffeine free version if you don't want caffeine

True. I just thought it would be easier to measure 2x 10g scoops than estimate half of a oddly shaped 40g scoop.

That just seems like a waste of time and redundant after the first scoop. But if it makes you happy.
Why is it a waste. take 2 second to put shaker on the scales + I hate those scoops, I use a teaspoon it easier. I don't like to guess when it comes to stimulants.

If you start having half serves you also get half of everything else. You're better off using the caffeine free version if you don't want caffeine

Bingo!! That's why I asked for the non caffeinated version.

I weigh everything anyway so scoop size means notihng.

Weigh it once, see how much it fits in the scoop, store into memory for next time. Am I doing it rite??

Haha you need to sort out those unresolved issues with them scoops [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; before it gets the better of you!!

Come to think of it, I like the idea of placing the shaker on the scales and then pressing tare. What a dumbass, why didn't I think of that before. I've been weighing it out on a piece of foil on the scales.. nah, it doesn't look suss, not one little bit. :p

iuJhL7WKAxtLy.jpg