• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

More ghetto gym gear by fluffy

Took a better pic of the calf raise setup today!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353050566.655850.jpg
Easier to see the bar part! The bar sits on your shoulders in squat position! Very comfortable

Got to work on the lat pulldown today too! Just working on adding the seat section, which will also have a low pulley for seated rows! Just have to sort out how to attach the low pulley (not the one at the top of the post section of seat) using all left over pieces :) have just been using bits and pieces from the free multi gym so far!
zujaqujy.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353050889.818909.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353050889.818909.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Lat pulldown and seated row complete :)
erumyguv.jpg

a3e6upy5.jpg

Three machines; calf raise/seated shoulder press, hi & low pulley and lat pulldown/seated row. All up cost me $15 for the three different multi gym/weight stacks, and about $10 for a couple of bits for the wires! Everything else was used/altered from the three machines to make them into what I wanted! Stoked!

More ghetto shit, fat bar made from scaffold and cheap collars. Owes me $15 for the collars which act as the stops on the sleeve.

20130404_123646_zpse3b13773.jpg

20130404_123904_zpsac3ca6fb.jpg

20130404_123733_zps9df2d07d.jpg

Great stuff, how thick is the wall on scaff pipe? Should hold quite a bit before bending I reckon. Could be a slippery sucker though.

Great stuff, how thick is the wall on scaff pipe? Should hold quite a bit before bending I reckon. Could be a slippery sucker though.

It's really thick wall pipe, I don't think it would bend. This stick has been knocked around a fair bit on site so it doesn't seem slippery like gal normally is. I will just bung on some tennis racket tape if it is slippery though.

I built these to get me through! DIY squat stands are easily found on the interweb, I just added a few supports and made the spotters up! It's solid as a rock and I feel so much safer benching/squatting in this than the cheaper squat stands out there.. It's no cage, but couldn't fit one in the shed, plus couldn't justify spending $300 plus for a decent set of stands that will still shake around, and terrible spotter arms!!

ymevabej.jpg

Cheers

You know you're Ghetto when you have the Ab King in the background of a home made gym.

Your gear is off the chart man!

Last edited:
Hello guys. This is my first post on this forum, and i salute everyone with this occasion. I have made a bench press cause i didnt want to spend a lot of money for one if i have the possibility to make one myself. I want your opinion, but i try to figure how to upload photos. And sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Also in the process of making a ghetto tricep push down for my back shed.
Two pulley wheels, some bulldog clips, two carabiner clips & catenary wire will do it. I have ordered a tricep rope and picking up a bucket for the other end which can hold weights, bricks, kids etc.

View attachment 7202

5vbuic.jpg
[/IMG]

I had to buy a tricep rope, but for the lat pulldown got some wood, cut it to length, drilled a hole and put in the threaded loop. The bucket holds bricks for weight! Lots of variations with that straight bar...

The artwork in the background was my brothers present to our daughter (in my gym mind you hahah). He designed and drew and painted it all freehand... There a youtube clip of it in timelapse over a week. Ill get him to shoot me thru the link...

Got barbells coming out my arse now decided to tidy things up a bit. On the cheap and ghetto style of course.

20130426_095845_zps502fc49a.jpg

20130426_095933_zps66e4e9ac.jpg