• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kettlebell Training

Don't mind doing lots of reps, just going to take it easy to start with to make sure I don't
do anything dumb or effect my archery form in a bad way.

suggestions for decent adjustable ones ?

Bidding on a couple on ebay(pick up only) and

looking at some of these as they are reasonably cheap (prefer not picking up kettle bells on the bike - no car just motorbike)

Stadium Sports items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

look a bit .... but doesn't matter for home use
VINYL KETTLEBELL WEIGHT SET 24KG+16KG+10KG - TOTAL 50KG PICK UP WELCOME | eBay

I just bought 2 of every single size from 8kg to 50kg.
Although they don't get alot of use, they are there, they look good, and I can do alot of things at home alot of people can't do coz they dont have KB's.

I just wish my brother will hurry up with my plyo boxes....

Try with a 16kg bell.
You may also find 20kg won't be far off either for some exercises.
You will find you probably won't need a smaller KB. My husband doesn't touch anything under 20kgs.
Food for thought.

hehe make him do an amrap set of thrusters, or full 10 minutes of long cycle clean and jerk

Typically for box squats -
30cm = low box
45cm = high box

However it depends on your leverages.
Low box ~ just below parallel
High box ~ just on or above parallel

been a few cheap pickup only ones for Brisbane on ebay.

give me a while and I'll find the links

workoutworld.com.au has a 30% off special on at the moment

other thing to do is put an add in gumtree saying
secondhand kettlebells brought

This guy at ferny hill seems to sell quite a few (cheaper than workoutworld by $30 for 16kg)
Everyday Life Fitness items - Get great deals on SINGLET TOPS, SCIVATION items on eBay Stores!

any one in Melboune ? someones clearing out there kettlebells
Kettlebells: 16kg and 2x12kg | eBay

or NSW south coast(batemans bay)
Kettle bells cast iron 2 x 16KG. | eBay

a package like this seems about the best value unless you can get them cheap second hand (pick up from Hemmant)
Kettlebell 4kg 8kg 16kg 24kg 32kg x2 | eBay

can't find the other one links - will look again later

Holy crap did anyone actually watch the second video???

Just me or does that look like its a great way to become a paraplegic?

Deep this is genuine input. If someone is doing kettlebells for footy conditioning they are wasting there time.

General fitness training they are fine.

I take it you mean some kind of aussie footy there... i could see Kettlebell training being reasonably useful with heavy bells for Rugby players (much like bulgarian bags), can see the carry over to tackles.

whats a good weight to get to start doing kettlebell training ?

16kg ?

Looking at getting one for morning/evening and weekend workouts.

Is it also worth getting a light one for high reps ?

Didn't keep dumbells or weights last time I moved - was rather stupid

I've brought 16,24,32,40,48 & 64 all pretty quickly.

For bottoms up type movements, the 16 still, 24 for a lot of general kettlebell moves (20 would probably be a pretty useful weight).

32 for one handed swings, high pulls etc, 40, 48 for two handled swings, UDLs etc, 64 just for UDL's so far, a few one handed deadlifts.

If i was doing it again, and just getting 1, i'd get a 20.

I take it you mean some kind of aussie footy there... i could see Kettlebell training being reasonably useful with heavy bells for Rugby players (much like bulgarian bags), can see the carry over to tackles.

Yeah they may be more useful than doing nothing at all but there are better ways to develop strength and conditioning for footy.

posssibly... but some of us are easily bored :)

hence why i have med balls, kettlebells, DB's, globe barbell, bulgarian bags, bands, mace bell, power clubs.... all to keep me interested enough to do some extra work on top of main barbell gym sessions. (in my case i tend to fat rather than skinny, so weight based cardio is good, mileage may vary for someone already fit and with low BF)

posssibly... but some of us are easily bored :)

hence why i have med balls, kettlebells, DB's, globe barbell, bulgarian bags, bands, mace bell, power clubs.... all to keep me interested enough to do some extra work on top of main barbell gym sessions. (in my case i tend to fat rather than skinny, so weight based cardio is good, mileage may vary for someone already fit and with low BF)

wow, that arsenal sounds like an Iron Edge mini heaven :)

I have to admit, i love my kbs, dead ball, bands etc. makes fast workouts at home easy and plenty of variety and you can use them in so many ways they are great for both strength and conditioning.
Anyone who says you can't use them to help develop strength isn't thinking creatively!!
:D