• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Intra workout brands + post workout carb supplement? advice

robbo

Hey guys,
finally my first post, so here goes.
2 questions:
ive been looking into adding a intra workout supplement to my list and am curious what everyone recommends and uses, is there much of an added benefit of using an intra over just water during,
no longer been wasting time with off the shelf sugar energy drinks anymore and wanted to know if
this will give me a slight edge. Already using a pre workout nitrix supplement which im happy with. + creatine.
Ive read quite a bit about the gaspari range and am happy with superpump250, they make a sizeon intra workout mix, worth it or waste of money… stick to water for intra? can anyone advise a good alternative.
2. Ive been doing a bit of research on post workout carb supplementation, is it neccessary and worth the money to go for a carb supplement to add to your post workout protein shake after training. I use a optimum wpi, with
glutamine added.
I understand window of opportunity after training 60mins seems to be very important
but is the guideline of using a post workout WPI with some glutamine added enough straight after training 5 mins, as long as you eat within the next 55mins after that OK
using a good mix, eg brown rice for carbs, veg and chicken mix?
Or is it worth it to say throw a banana into the post workout shake mix, take that as your after workout meal,
and then eat your normal chicken/brown rice/veg meal within 2 hours later to then give you some extra carbs?
how important is getting those carbs into the system quickly after your workout, important enough to get a carb supp to add to the shake or am i OK to continue using one of the above methods.
I dont mind paying for supps that are useful, but i really cant afford to waste my hard earned money on garbage, that isnt needed or doesnt work.
Any help is much appreciated, its a jungle out there and pretty easy to get lost in all the biased opinions.
keep the motivation up.
Robbo

Keep it simple.
I sip on EAA's during and right after training. I do not use post workout shake, but if you want to you can use 50gms whey and 50gms carbs (waxy maize or dextrose) right after training the eat meal 30-40 mins later.

thanks boys much appreciated, ive heard a single banana will give you same effects of dextrose = carbs, any truth?

just want to keep the wallet as full as possible.
but then again, 5kg of dextrose probably cheaper then bananas lol.

amen to that lol.. If u dont buy it from a healthfood shop that is.

Simplicity is the goal.. U can buy products that have 20 plus ingridents in them but with 100mg of each.

buy in bulk save and make your own drinks..

Is there a general preference on this board in regards to post workout carbs? E.g. Maltodextrin, dextrose or waxy maise?

Just thought I'd let you know that Nutraplanet is having a sale on BC + EAA at the moment by LG Sciences. $12.99 for 330grams. You'd have to buy a fair few to make it worth you while since the postage will be a fair bit but the value is pretty good for a pre-mixed supp. Also the amount of servings is fairly low.

BC + EAA (330 g) By: LG Sciences (Legal Gear)

No point in using both, use one or the other. WMS is good but a little more expensive.