• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I don't think there is anything to argue here Baz. The irony is that you're always the first one to resort to insults, just as you did above, and the first one to whinge about them. You are a very strange man.

It's a battle for you isn't it.

And back on ignore you go. This is a much more pleasant and productive place without you and the crap you carry on with.

So raw meat is better for you than cooked?
in the cooking process a lot of nutrients are killed so raw must be better the only thing heating it up does is possibly kill any baktearear

Good morning Kunce.
Skim milk in my coffee. But if I'd used this HPM I would've got .45gms more protein. Fuck dem gainz gonna disappear.

Without cooking our food we'd probably still be using stones and sticks as tools

Last edited:
And back on ignore you go. This is a much more pleasant and productive place without you and the crap you carry on with.

Haha. I still laugh when people announce they are ignoring someone, the process of doing so is the exact opposite of ignoring them.

Why would you ever take me off ignore?

Like i said its a battle for you isn't it.

Jesus, how many kids do you have?
Dunno about him, I've got two kids, one is a baby so doesn't eat food yet, but the almost-5yo drinks a litre a day if we let him, we usually don't since things can get messy on the back end, but still, we have about 10 litres of milk a week. That and a tray of eggs.

Yes, pretty easy for a family to go through that. Wife has a 3 egg omelette one day, I make burgers for lunch, that's 6. Next day she omelette again and I have pancakes, another 6, etc.

When me and my wife are both pushing the weights hard it's higher, yes. But I'm coming back from an injury and she from childbirth. You don't need 200g of protein a day when you only have 1-2 plates on the bar.

I buy 1lt of milk a week and usually have to throw half of it out as it will hit the expiry date first. We just don't have much use for milk anymore. A small dash in a coffee a few times a week and that's it.

In terms of the higher protein milk, I guess it's a good option if you drink a lot of milk as it will add up (extra 30g) a litre. Otherwise no one is drinking 500g of milk to get 30g of protein.

Speaking strictly from a protein makeup point of view here. Before this higher protein milk was brought to my attention, I was adding 100g of WPI to 1L of milk, totaling around 122g of protein, made up of a 96.5g whey to 25.5g casein, a ratio of 80%/20% in favour of whey. Now I'll be changing those ratios, and slowing down the absorption of protein through an increase in the casein ratio, done the following way:

1L HP milk + 50g WPI. That would come to a total of 105g protein, made up of 48g casein, and 57 whey. A ratio of 46%/54% in favour of whey (still). Even though whey is still the dominant protein here, its overall dominance has diminished greatly, giving the overall protein content a slower digestion/release/absorption than before..., without having to manipulate the other macros (unless I wish to slow the whole process down even further).

I buy 1lt of milk a week and usually have to throw half of it out as it will hit the expiry date first. We just don't have much use for milk anymore. A small dash in a coffee a few times a week and that's it.

In terms of the higher protein milk, I guess it's a good option if you drink a lot of milk as it will add up (extra 30g) a litre. Otherwise no one is drinking 500g of milk to get 30g of protein.

I am at 5:30 in the morning before I workout. It's easier and quicker than anything else at that time other than protein powder, which I don't particularly like.

I am at 5:30 in the morning before I workout. It's easier and quicker than anything else at that time other than protein powder, which I don't particularly like.
Actually Mick, you can make that 500ml of milk a super drink (whenever), i.e. pre or post workout if you like, by simply adding a heaped tablespoon of full fat cocoa powder into it. What in particular is the benefit you may be asking yourself? In a word: magnesium! Now if I begin to tell you what this does and why, I would have to write a full article about it. There's more to cocoa than just a high level of organic easily assimilated magnesium, but that mighty mineral should suffice for the time being to get anyone's attention who's interested in nutrition and optimal muscle contraction/recovery.

Last edited: