• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

help with squats

Kyle,

I must have missed your post mate. Very good video, thank you.

His advice is very sound, unfortunately I think it might be too advanced for me at the moment as I suspect I lack the foundational flexibility required. My back is starting to round just above parallel.

i found the same thing, i wasn't flexible enough to do what they were doing. also, it looks like something where you need another person with you to help.

also jason, i found this on stronglifts, i am going to experiment with this stretch and see if this helps also. (second picture down the page)

How to Squat with Proper Technique without Injuring Yourself | StrongLifts.com

i found the same thing, i wasn't flexible enough to do what they were doing. also, it looks like something where you need another person with you to help.

also jason, i found this on stronglifts, i am going to experiment with this stretch and see if this helps also. (second picture down the page)

*URL removed because I'm a newb and it wont let me post*

Just been reading through this thread - I had similar issues when I first started squatting. I have reasonably long legs/thighs. I couldnt squat and keep my heels planted for the life of me without falling backwards. I was also leaning way forward and turning it into a morning glory on the way up.

I started doing the stretch mentioned on the page above, also stretching my calves. I kept at it squatting 3 times a week on the SS program. Now my squat technique is great and after about 8 months of training I'm now squatting more than 1.5x body weight with perfect form. I still do the squat stretch before each session.

Keep at it and you'll get there!

I was also leaning way forward and turning it into a morning glory on the way up.

You did what to the bar on the way up Jase, Morning Glory?!?!?! BAHAHAHA.

I think you mean Good Morning. We all know what Morning Glory is.

Last edited:
Just been reading through this thread - I had similar issues when I first started squatting. I have reasonably long legs/thighs. I couldnt squat and keep my heels planted for the life of me without falling backwards. I was also leaning way forward and turning it into a morning glory on the way up.

I started doing the stretch mentioned on the page above, also stretching my calves. I kept at it squatting 3 times a week on the SS program. Now my squat technique is great and after about 8 months of training I'm now squatting more than 1.5x body weight with perfect form. I still do the squat stretch before each session.

Keep at it and you'll get there!

i have to say that squat stretch has helped a lot. my squatting form has improved immensely. in fact, just stretching in general has been something i have always neglected and in hind site, is probably the cause of a lot of my injuries.

and that would be a major lol at the morning glory :D