• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hello AUSBB!

Hatchedegg

Hi guys, i have recently joined this wonderfull forum and im loving it I have been working out for 3 months now and im seeing some pretty good changes, but i have one concern that is bugging me a lot. I work at VW and they send me for training once a month to sydney where i cant work out, so i tried to over come that by using my ressistance bands and workout in my room after my training. Because of this i have 3 weeks to do lifting and strength exercises and the week i am up there i do my ressistance band exercises.. im just wondering guys if i would loose muscle and strength in that one week of no lifting, i asked my mates and they said stuff like oh yeah you ll get ripped but you wont get muscle n stuff, just trying to get a good opinion on the subject.

Thanks AUSBB FORUM! :]

Not in one week you won't. Get one of those pullup bars you put in door frames.

Pushups, sit-ups, bw squats, band work, get your conditioning good with skipping and running.

How long do you have to do training for?

i have training for 4 years to become a fully qualified technician, i need something that i can fit in to a travel bag that i can take on the plane so yeah.. is it alright if you could link me to what you are talking about? thanks man

Hatchedegg,

If you've only been working out 3 months you might not be too far advanced in strength I assume, so you may be able to get further use out of your resistance bands. If you've got the kind that have 3 different strength ratings, then buy a second pack and use two of the strongest level bands at the same time (you wouldn't be able to do this for all exercises though).

I'd be looking at visiting a gym at least once a week while you're away and complement that with a resistance band day. Obviously two trips to the gym would be even better but if that's not feasible then the bands are good for back work as well as delts and arms. I don't like them for chest or legs. For back, loop 2 bands through a roll of duct tape, throw it over the top or side of the hotel bathroom door, close the door so the tape is on the other side of the door and the bands are anchored in place. Then do seated rows or lat pulldown.

I don't know if you have any scope to choose which hotel you stay at, but some of them have affiliations with nearby gyms. If you could stay in one of those hotels you'd be laughing.

Thanks for the ideas guys, yeah i stay at olympic village in sydney.. so there is a pool and a gym there thats all good anyways i ll start going gym after school.

there is also a weightlifting centre there at homebush... Its apparently really good, i think Fadi ( local yoda ) was saying it is the olympic centre...