• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Has powerlifting consumed you?

Yep, leading up to the 2 Nationals I did this year it consumed me. Everything I did was based around PLing & it pretty much took me over.
Now I've gone back to strongman which I don't find anywhere near as consuming as powerlifting.

Yep, leading up to the 2 Nationals I did this year it consumed me. Everything I did was based around PLing & it pretty much took me over.
Now I've gone back to strongman which I don't find anywhere near as consuming as powerlifting.

Strongman is probably something that interests me more than powerlifting. Only problem is it seems a bit harder to find information on it here is Aus. What is the participation level like? How do you get into it?

Why did you go back to SM Dave?

Why do you find it not as consuming?

Was getting a bit stale with the PL mate plus there's no more big 3 lift comps on this year & I was missing strongman & feeling like a new challenge.
I think for me PL is so consuming cause it's all about the numbers on the big 3 whereas Strongman is more varied.

Strongman is probably something that interests me more than powerlifting. Only problem is it seems a bit harder to find information on it here is Aus. What is the participation level like? How do you get into it?

Where you located mate?

Well you have to decide if lifting is worth losing your wife over, or just be normal about it.

ie go to the gym (or train at home) for an hour or two X amount of times a week and be done with it, no point giving it away and sitting around bored hating life.

Spending too much of your life doing any one thing is not healthy, unless of course that is the only thing you want to do, and you don't care about having a social life, wife, family, work etc etc
I strongly agree with this.