• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gym Clothes

iBug

Just wondering where you guys get your gym clothes from. Shirts I don't really care I just wear old t-shirts and singlets.

Recently pants have become a problem, I used to wear shorts made out of board short type material but every second time I squat or do KB swings I keep ripping them right down the center, which is bloody annoying.

Anyone know of any places to buy some gym shorts / pants. Also not really looking for any brand name stuff that costs $80 / pair. Any shorts that are comfortable and don't rip will do.

cheers

i just wait for places like rebel sport to have clearance sales, and keep an eye out for anything loose and light, got two pairs of shorts the other day for $15 each, down from $40 :D

Mate had the same problem, best shorts for squatting and training (including cardio, and running etc) are the cheap 'Ruggers' from Big W or Lowes, I have about 6 or 7 sets, best ever.

Used to wear cargo type shorts till they started to rip when doing dead lifts and squats, especially if you sweat a bit.

These are the type of shorts the big boys like Arnold used to wear when training, check the old photos:)

These:

Ruggers Knit Shorts | Lowes

I wear jogger/runner shorts from Nike or Addidas. Yes they cost a bit more but they last for ages and I always grab them when they are on special from Jim Kidd/Rebel Sports. Never had one rip on me as they are really short, allowing those sexy legs to be shown off.

Target & Kmart tend to have suitable shorts for $10-20 .. Slazenger and a couple of other brands. They're comfortable and do the job well.

I love cheap singlets and shorts and to have them in plentiful supply in all sorts of colours!

Best shorts hands down are the brand name ones (everlast, nike, adidas) made from the same material as tracksuit pants. Comfy as hell and don't split the arse when squatting. Just hard to find with pockets for your phone and shit
Free-shipping-wholesale-men-s-tracksuit-Sportswear-beach-shorts-men-s-short-sports-shorts.jpg

Hate the boardshort ones cause they get static if you put them through the dryer and stick to your legs and make 'whoosh' sounds.

Pretty much all I wear around is tracky shorts and thongs. Might as well go the whole hog and buy a bum bag. Plain white or blac $5 best and less Vneck tees are the bomb as well. Nice tight sleeves to get the guns popping.

That's why i like training at home

I workout in my boxers :p

haha same here brother.... But then again i do walk around my house in my briefs too

Even they can get annoying when squatting, Which has led to squatting naked more then once....

Wonder how this would go down at the local gym peak hour :)

Which has led to squatting naked more then once....

Wonder how this would go down at the local gym peak hour :)

Gee must put that on my bucket list! The squatting naked part I mean. I'd imagine it'd be a bit distracting, staring at own junk while trying to maintain proper form.

Sweet, thanks guys

Will pop into kmart/lowes and look for those Ruggers. They look similar to what I want to workout in, I have a pair of pants that look similar and they are the best when I'm doing squats and deads.

Last edited: