• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gpc world championships 2012

Really good results, caught the stream and saw you lift 285 sticky, made it look like 100kgs, congrats.

Best (and only) mens 67.5 was 160/80/180/420
A sad feel knowing that I could have had a silver medal just for showing up and not embarrassing myself

Worst 75kg total was 175/112.5/160/447.5 so I'm confident about going to worlds next year as a 75er lel

What formula did they use?

EDIT: Reshel
Would have come 15th

Last edited:
Congrats to Scotty, Emad & all the other Aussie lifters repping over there!

I can't believe I missed the whole feed but I'm sure there will be heaps of vids posted in the near future.

Which lifts were the world records?
I thought the deadlift WR was 390kg in the 90kg class

Dan went 200 / 120 / 205 = 525 = bronze medal for 82.5 class.

Judges/spotters were appauling on the squat.

World record total for submaster age group i think.

Yep Deadlift WR of 205kg and a Total WR of 525kg for 82.5kg SubMaster Category.

I've spoken to him, hes a little dissapointed, should have got the 205 squat to better his previous WR but it simply wasnt meant to be. I'm not dissapointed at all.

To actually train, prepare and put your balls on the line on a Worlds platform should not be underestimated.

Should have nailed the 400 too.
I had a good chat with him after the comp.

He is doing the 3 lift on Saturday.

Opening on 550kg squat, 380 bench and 340 pull.

This is him, 1 strong mother fucker.

135ish BW.

4FDFBA8D-CAF8-4C1F-967C-28E2662FDAB6-1599-000001AC368C6937_zps924cd67c.jpg

Biggest total in aus history is 965.

He will annihilate that on his openers.

So many strong fucks here.

I just had dinner/meeting with Ger McNamara.
He should be opening on 375ish........ At 73kg bodyweight.

Yeah pretty confident that I want to do this shit as soon as possible
What's the best path to achieving it? Is it just as simple as kicking ass at nationals?