• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting Clothes to fit.....

vader-nator

Once again I am back into training and once again I am Hulking out of my work clothes.

We have a fairly strict dress policy for teachers at my school and I need to wear a business shirt and a tie as well as ironed trousers.

My problem is getting stuff off the rack.

I have 34 to 36 waist and that is fine as my legs never get massive.

BUT

Work shirts are a hassle. So are Suit Jackets.

I have a 54 chest and large forearms, wide shoulders but a little head and neck.

When I try on a shirt that fits my chest and shoulders it is made for someone really big and fat and round.

I can button up the shirt collar and pull my whole head out the neck hole.

Plus

The waist is to fit a balloon shaped fat dude. I can run the sides in with a sewing machine, otherwise its like trying to tuck in a bed sheet to my trousers.

All the Big Man sizes at Target are to fit a humongus dude with a waist bigger than his shoulders. ( Same problem )

Suit jackets to fit a 54 chest are even worse in the massive gut, I can hold it out buttoned up, a full arms length out from my body...... plus the arms still are tight and I can feel my pulse in my biceps.

It can be hard to shop off the rack and looking tidy and sharp. I always look like a kid wearing hand me downs unless I have stuff tailored.

One of my friends cant get trousers or jeans to fit his quads.

Anyone else find the same problem?:confused:

You can be fat or thin but not beefy.

Nothing I love more then not being able to fit into old clothes :) I don't have the problems with the pants as much but I've managed to rip a few of my old Medium shirts. I guess I'll have to work my quads more...

I'm nowhere near as big as you but I know what you mean. Particularly with regards to jeans and work pants. I have a 34 waist but have to buy a 36 for my work pants and they're still tight around my quads and glutes but then they gather around the waist. Bit of a pain, but you've seen the typical young guy these days, they have legs so skinny they can fit into their sisters jeans, so its not particularly surprising. I want to go to Thailand or Hong Kong or whever it is and get a bunch of tailored suits made on the cheap.

Otherwise the only real thing you can do is get them tailored. There's this awesom shop run by some chinese ladies near where I am and they do a really good job.

I have always had to get bigger pants as my ass and thighs never fit my any paints for my waist size. Size 36, no way 38 if im not training and 40 if I am. Tops are a problem as I have a naturally large back and a very long torso. A lot of jackets in Myer and such are too tight at the shoulders are I find I can't move (talking XL as that is all they ever have). My work shirt is made for a huge guy and billows out around the gut even when I had a gut it was still huge, just reaches comfortably to my waist to tuck in though. Business shirt neck sizes, don't get me started I don't even think I have a large neck and I can not do up the top button of large sizes to put on a tie. Obviously we are either a huge fat ass or built like girls.

I have found that Peter Jackson will fit a suit nicely to fit your shoulders and then will cheaply tailor it for you to fit your waist. Not too expensive either.

Bit of a pain, but you've seen the typical young guy these days, they have legs so skinny they can fit into their sisters jeans.

Seeing young guys walking around in the tightest denim ever made in the girliest styles ever imagined boggles my mind.

But back on topic, a mate of mind got a few suits tailored in thailand and says they are really really good. I seem to remember them only being $50 each? Get measured in the morning, pick them up the evening.

Legs are a massive problem for me - my waist is 32" but my ass requires the pants of a 38". I'm also towards the end that big brand shirts stock (eg XXL) but I've still got some room there, and lets not even get into suits...

My method of dealing with this will be bodyfat - whilst my ass has grown in terms of muscle I can work on reducing the fat and bringing myself to around 8-10% bodyfat (probs 12-14% now).

I have a problem getting pants and comfy jocks these days. I have been pounding the squats and deads lately and have put some mass on my quads and ass. Friday just gone I jumped up on the bed of the truck to tie a load down and ripped a massive hole in my shorts. The missus keeps complaining because I have grown out of my shirts and need new ones. HaHa

I only have a few issues as I am not huge, ..yet.

My ass and legs have grown since I last got and issue of 32 work pants, it is ok if I stand still, but stairs, seats and lifting stuff is starting to test them, I have done the ass in two of them..

As for shirts I am just happy that I have moved from a s, - m, -now a large at most places, what fits the shoulders, is tight in the front of the armpits, and there is as mantioned a sheet to tuck in at the waist, And i cant leave it out, as in a large it hangs past my ass..

Most of the decent mens stores have tailored shirts, and fit very nicely, but I can imagine how you bigger guys are getting stuck with xxxL fat gut shirts.

girl working at tarocash - hi sir can i help you
ceffo - sure i would like to try on this shirt and im usually a large
shop assistant - Sure these would fit you
/ceffo does a few most BB poses in the change room in fornt of the mirror
/Ceffo puts on shirt in the change room and it restricts his bloodflow to his head
/Seems the lats and traps do not agree with the original design
/tries to take it off and hears a tearing noise around the armpits area
/manages to get it off after 10minutes
Shop assistant - was that a nice fit for you?
ceffo - Sure but just not my colour thanks anyway
/ceffo quickly runs out of shop

Im already noticing pants that are too big around the waist are tight around my legs. I can see how this is going to before annoying in the future.

The best shirt that fits me is not heaps tight around the chest and not heaps lose around my stomach, great right?

I cant bend my arms past 90degrees in it :D

usually if from what ive personally experienced

fitted shirts - they generally are tight around the back (because of the lats) which leads to tighter armpits an your shoulder part of your shirt raising higher towards your traps givig the impression that u rolled your sleeves up. Which of course u havent. Generally your shirt would befitted around the waist area.

pants - The thigh area will be very tight when u first put em on even though your waist fits. I usually sit down with the pants in the change room as i find some pants/jeans nowadyas are fitted and i end up with my crotch getting squashed due to the glutes and hammies pulling on the jeans.

buy bigger size u say?

yeah tried that - the x-large shirt may fit up top but ends up dangling around my thighs and the waist area looks like im hiding a small animal under it as its so baggy.

pants - The waist gets blown out and u the length generally is too long and u have to helm inches off it which leads u having a flare jeans look which isnt really in atm (aye i can try and be cool just because i train) :p

bb clothing

There is a new clothing line in Australia called Element 26 gym wear they do bb clothing, tees, jeans, and shirts for business, work etc they are imported from Europe and have some very cool stuff, you can even order to your own specs if you like, very reasonably priced and excellent quality materials. the womens line is unlike anything Ive seen in Australia check them out.

feels good when you put shirts on that fit fine before you started lifting, now its very tight :)