• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Eating Carbs at Night article

Good article.

Personal experience I have 300+ grams of carbs most nights and have had no problem losing fat. I don't feel as hungry eating this way and it makes sticking to the diet easier.

I have started to have carbs at night again...I did watch it when I was dieting...but honestly I cant see a difference....I prob have anywhere from 100-200g of carbs at night now...and honestly for someone that trains I think its a good way to increase recovery while you sleep...

I havnt read it yet, i would like to see the effects of high carbohydrate frequency at night and growth hormone profiles as opposed to say fed or fasted people.

Whether there is change or it comes out to anything clinically relevant are 2 different things. Still be interdasting non da less.

healthy as in not having serious physical/medical issues?

all I can say is that i have/had real issues with having carbs in latter part of day, to do with blood pressure and blood sugar (and eyeball pressure, migraines, etc etc). however, most "normal" people will probably never have problems :) I don't/didn't always have problems either..

what works for 99.5% of the population doesn't always work for the other 0.5% :D

edit: what I meant was, if you try it and it doesn't work, that doesn't mean there is no effect on anyone, just no effect on you. (think of the non-responders to creatine)

Last edited:
healthy as in not having serious physical/medical issues?

all I can say is that i have/had real issues with having carbs in latter part of day, to do with blood pressure and blood sugar (and eyeball pressure, migraines, etc etc). however, most "normal" people will probably never have problems :) I don't/didn't always have problems either..

what works for 99.5% of the population doesn't always work for the other 0.5% :D

edit: what I meant was, if you try it and it doesn't work, that doesn't mean there is no effect on anyone, just no effect on you. (think of the non-responders to creatine)

Sorry my stuff up I thought you said if eating health changes things.

Well if you have or someone has a serious medial condition of course that can change things and you have to work around it.

Thanks guys! I quite like the article.
Just screams commonsense (like the other one, thanks for sharing Max Brenner!)

I have carbs at night and carbs + fat and no issues yet...

I just had 3 bits of jelly cheesecake for 400cals. Heaps of protein too. Easy as :)

How would i go about getting a chef (or even a cook?) at home? Is this even possible, or do you have to be a commercial place or a millionaire or something? Figured if you're in the industry you'd know something about this.

How would i go about getting a chef (or even a cook?) at home? Is this even possible, or do you have to be a commercial place or a millionaire or something? Figured if you're in the industry you'd know something about this.

LOL. I'm an accountant. I got no idea. I just learnt how to cook because I like tasty nutritious stuff not just plain chicken, brown rice & broccoli :p

LOL. I'm an accountant. I got no idea. I just learnt how to cook because I like tasty nutritious stuff not just plain chicken, brown rice & broccoli :p

Hmmm getting an in house chef/cook is seriously expensive...usually goes with having a housekeeper and butler/valet. :p
This is how Lite 'n' Easy make such a killing, right?
Better to learn how to cook ... a good life skill to have. Plus it's fun and you get to eat it. :)