• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO National titles

Gawain and Derek are monsters ...not human
The sad thing is gawain wasn't the biggest guy there. There was a guy the was on Jason Durbridge support team that was ****ing huge. Was told he was a strongman on the American circuit. Although Jason at 5'7@107kg was a massive unit and was as wide as little darryl is tall.

The sad thing is gawain wasn't the biggest guy there. There was a guy the was on Jason Durbridge support team that was ****ing huge. Was told he was a strongman on the American circuit. Although Jason at 5'7@107kg was a massive unit and was as wide as little darryl is tall.

Was that the guy that could have been a stunt double for brock lesnar??

Lol, that's al.
He's a top bloke. He really got me fired up for my benches and deads.
I always feel strong just talking to him :p.
Posted via Mobile Device

Some more results of ausbb members from the Nats

Michael - 67.5kg class - 170/132.5/216 - 518.5kg
Scott - 82.5kg class - 150/110/220 - 480kg
Mitch - 90kg class - 150/120/195 - 465kg

thats alan kliese oz strongman go to that site and watch alan press 150kg overhead for 8 reps .we have some of these guys lift in our qld comps all great lifters and all big big people

I was just down talking to Jeff.
You should see his eyes :eek:. He must have put 200% in.

Anyway, he said that big al is going to start doing a bit powerlifting. Can wait to see what sort of numbers he can push out!

EDIT: raw, he went 325-220-320 at last years nats.

Last edited:
Alan was an immense feller and a top bloke to boot. Had a brief chat with him, he seemed happy to give a few pointers to a noobie!

Be great to see him compete.

Actually, Al will probably just do push pull comps in powerlifting, he's really focusing on Strongman, but powerlifting training is a good cross over for him! And yes he will give the numbers and records a big nudge!

Cant wait to see him lift!
Will he be doing the big bench lamy?
hey scott you will see some big lifters at the big bench in paradise shaun bostock may be there with his 330 plus bench ,barry murray has booked his flight along with brendan hains plus plus plus make sure your there,good to put a face to sticky and crew at the nats get the boys along to support jeff ,qld was the power at the nats jeff and jason won the overall equipt and raw my big mate terance titus won the masters ,derek boyer wasup there and the girl i train won overall equipt 3 lift and the nats bench press on day 2 plus picked up 3 w/records incuding 157.5 d/lift at 51kg b/weight ,thats3 times b/weight plus .great comp but glad to get back to the sun and just worked out i ref.to some 600 lifts i think i was yelling press in my sleep last night ,see you soon

Bit one sided Frank. Seeing as you mentioned Coralie's WR's heres a couple more.

We had 21 WR and 26 NR out of a garage alone, let alone Gregs lifting and Gawains.

Biggest total - Victoria
Best Junior equipped - Victoria
Bench comp - Victoria

Others as well, but you get the idea

I love this rivalry lol QLD dont win much in the way of sport, they'll take what they can get lol

Canberra also did extremely well

Junior raw - first
Women raw - first

Darwin got 1st and 2nd in raw Teenage

We just need Sydney to have a presence next year

Last edited:
Bit one sided Frank. Seeing as you mentioned Coralie's WR's heres a couple more.

We had 21 WR and 26 NR out of a garage alone, let alone Gregs lifting and Gawains.

Biggest total - Victoria
Best Junior equipped - Victoria
Bench comp - Victoria

Others as well, but you get the idea

I love this rivalry lol QLD dont win much in the way of sport, they'll take what they can get lol

Canberra also did extremely well

Junior raw - first
Women raw - first

Darwin got 1st and 2nd in raw Teenage

We just need Sydney to have a presence next year
hey check the olymics and see were 75% come from qld ,not a bad rugby team up here best surfers in the world male and female qld ,aus strongman qld,3 afl flags in the last decade and of course they have me you vics have to train all the time so you dont freeze go qld

Storm, Geelong, Victory, Bushrangers, tell me when you want me to stop lol

Lions wont make finals for another decade

Your A League teams suck

QLD cricket team is suffering

No NBL team

Not to mention small dick syndrome lol

I'll grant you the weather

Storm, Geelong, Victory, Bushrangers, tell me when you want me to stop lol

Lions wont make finals for another decade

Your A League teams suck

QLD cricket team is suffering

No NBL team