• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

bumper/weights question

kal-el

Ive been put in charge of organizing equipment for a gym being put together. It will focus on rehab but will also have a few athletes in there, cyclist, rugby, AFL players etc.

Im stuck on a bumper vs weight plate dilemma.

I can get Force USA rubber coated plates for 2.50/kg and force training bumpers for 3.50/kg.

I can also get the same deal from cyber-market with their rubber coated and their black bumpers which are pretty much garage gym bumper plates.

My first dilemma is, due to none of these steel plates coming out with tolerances listed, they could be out from 50-100g/plate, the bumpers however are 2% accuracy. Due to use dealing with rehab and athletes 1) Im not sure if the weight differences in the steel plates will be of concern, so should I just go all bumpers considering theres not much difference in price? My other issue thinking I should go with all bumpers is noise reduction, mostly for deadlifts, as bumpers will be used for any olympic lifts.

Also I will be getting once good set of bumper plates, probably colored. Most of the pro/elite bumpers all look pretty similar, ironedge, force pro, pendlay elite and the elite plates from cyber market.

Im considering going the elite plates from cyber market because theyre about $400 cheaper for a set, come with a 2 year warranty and are rated for 30,000 cycles. Im wondering if anyone has used there elite bumpers and what do you think of them? or if you had to choose which of those bumpers would you pick?

Other equipment

Force usa GHD Vs cyber market GHD?

Has anyone used the round commercial dumbbells from cyber market?

A few reasons, work, study, reading too much fitness stuff, 5 different guys on here would have different opinions, 5 others somewhere else and so on. I just stopped going on pretty much all forums. I hung around here in the general/funny area for a while though.

All forums?? Must be a guy using same obscure username as you on another forum. Bastard.

iHerb Promo code ZSG863
iherb.com

I did say pretty much all, not all. The only forum I can think of that Ive made a post on recently was Dan Johns.

Hey kal-el, I did a review that's sitting a couple of topics down on the first page on the cyber market prostyles I bought if they are the one's you mean. Have a look at that thread and I'll be happy to answer any other questions,

Matt

Awesome Matt, thanks for that.

I will probably have a few questions for you but at the moment I just have one, any chance you would be able to measure the diameter of the plates?

Ive been put in charge of organizing equipment for a gym being put together. It will focus on rehab but will also have a few athletes in there, cyclist, rugby, AFL players etc.

Im stuck on a bumper vs weight plate dilemma.

I can get Force USA rubber coated plates for 2.50/kg and force training bumpers for 3.50/kg.

I can also get the same deal from cyber-market with their rubber coated and their black bumpers which are pretty much garage gym bumper plates.

My first dilemma is, due to none of these steel plates coming out with tolerances listed, they could be out from 50-100g/plate, the bumpers however are 2% accuracy. Due to use dealing with rehab and athletes 1) Im not sure if the weight differences in the steel plates will be of concern, so should I just go all bumpers considering theres not much difference in price? My other issue thinking I should go with all bumpers is noise reduction, mostly for deadlifts, as bumpers will be used for any olympic lifts.

Also I will be getting once good set of bumper plates, probably colored. Most of the pro/elite bumpers all look pretty similar, ironedge, force pro, pendlay elite and the elite plates from cyber market.

Im considering going the elite plates from cyber market because theyre about $400 cheaper for a set, come with a 2 year warranty and are rated for 30,000 cycles. Im wondering if anyone has used there elite bumpers and what do you think of them? or if you had to choose which of those bumpers would you pick?

Other equipment

Force usa GHD Vs cyber market GHD?

http://www.gymdirect.com.au/shop/weights-bars-dumbbells/weights/olympic-size-weight-sets/157-50kg-of-premium-rubber-coated-olympic-weight-plates/

These plates are within 1% weight tolerance, and with the gymdirect discount code, comes out to $2.67/kg

Awesome Matt, thanks for that.

I will probably have a few questions for you but at the moment I just have one, any chance you would be able to measure the diameter of the plates?
Without measuring with callipers the small diameter 2.5kg plates are approx. 17cm, the 5kg plates are 21.5cms