• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BN Protein

Cool thanks for the explanation, so the WPI you guys sell is a purer form of a better quality than the ON one I am currently using??? is that correct??

Like I said earlier, I will need to buy some more protein, when the time comes and am open to suggestions.

Already started using BN Pre Workout and BCAA's and am happy with my purchase and the price, as well as the fast service.

The ON product you have is not an Isolate.

It is what is commonly called a protein "blend".
A blend is basically a combination of WPC/WPI and often many other proteins. Companies make these for various reasons, but the simplest reason is that they are much cheaper to manufacture than WPI's (as WPC is a much cheaper protein)

Now, the problem with blends is that it is very hard to know how much WPI and WPC is in a blend (as most manufacturers won't tell you), but as a very simple rule the closer the final protein ratio to 80% the more WPC, the closer to 90% the more WPI.

I don't know the exact numbers but the ON appears much more like a WPC than a WPI Nutritionally.

Another great way to tell how pure a WPI is is based on fats and carbohydrates, as the ON product has close to 10% carbs this is another indicator that uses a lot more WPC than WPI.

Our Isolate is 100% pure WPI, in that the only protein used in it is WPI. If you look at the Nutritional Value for this it is miles ahead of any blend in terms of high protein, low fats and carbs.

If you want a product which is similar in terms of nutritional quality to the ON product then the WPC of ours is much closer. It actually has similar protein to the ON product with less carbs.
Basically if you want to compare similar proteins our $99 product for 5kg is on a similar level to it.

Saying all of this, the ON product is still a popular one, people like the taste it mixes well and it has been around for a long time. It is a good all round protein, however due to the typical supply chain (it is made for the retail market) it can't get close to ours on a price vs price basis.

Saying all of this, the ON product is still a popular one, people like the taste it mixes well and it has been around for a long time. It is a good all round protein, however due to the typical supply chain (it is made for the retail market) it can't get close to ours on a price vs price basis.

How people can justify buying stuff like ON, maxxs and the like is just beyond me. People say buy maxxs coz it's aussie, I'd still rather support smaller groups like BN. At the end of the day you drink the protein, you don't gain muscle from a coloured box , a fancy jar or stupid adverts in magazines.

Cool good info there.

Just to clarify:
According to the box 1 scoop is 31 grams and contains 120cal, 24gram protein, 1g fat, 4 gram of carbohydrate. Ingredients: Protein Blend (WPI, WPC & Whey Peptides), Salt, Flavors, Emulsifiers, Sweetener, Sucralose, Enzymes.

That is exactly how it is listed on the box.

So this confirms what you said about the protein blend I guess.

So if I ordered the WPI from you guys it would obviously then be a superior product to this???

PS: Personally I am not a fan of the taste of the ON product and would not be buying it again regardless of price, this is why I am looking for alternatives at the moment.

Ben, love your brand and everything about it. Just wondering what new flavours you got in mind for the future? Would love a choc mint or cookies and cream! Someone else said Choc Honeycomb which sounds pretty good!

yeah i'm looking forward to somebody releasing choc honeycomb! haven't tasted it in years!

Guys, we have some great news.
The boys and I have been testing and developing a Choc Mint and we are VERY happy with the results.

That will be available in 1 months time, the others will be a bit longer but we are onto them now.

The Choc Mint will be a huge hit, our flavours are very popular already but I have no doubt this will be one of the best sellers.

Guys, we have some great news.
The boys and I have been testing and developing a Choc Mint and we are VERY happy with the results.

That will be available in 1 months time, the others will be a bit longer but we are onto them now.

The Choc Mint will be a huge hit, our flavours are very popular already but I have no doubt this will be one of the best sellers.

The wifey and I will be smashing that for sure!

Has anyone tried or found a good tasting Choc Peanut Butter protein? I will be trying one next week but I am unaware of what 'brands' make that flavor.

I was about to order some protein from BN this weekend, but I'm definitely keen to try out this choc mint flavour so it looks like I'll just wait this one out.

Tried the BN Strawberry and Banana WPI, very happy with the taste and mix ability in water, this stuff would taste awsome in milk, but I will be using water till my spare tire goes away:)

Will definitely be trying the new flavour when it arrives:)

And Samples, probably gonna order a few things shortly (extras, not protein), and was wondering when you'll have samples (of your protein).

Cheers

any updates on taste and quality of BN proteins? looking to restock