• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Betaine Nitrate/ nitrates

@Davepuppies ; after a couple of months of continuous use my opinion of betaine is that it doesn't have a tangible effect. I have been consuming about 1.5g pre workout. As far as I can tell no loading is required. That being said, throughout this time I have been low cal and low carb. I have however not encountered any issue in getting and maintaining a pump while training, but I put that down to mainly staying hydrated and other otc pwo additives. I wouldn't consider it an essential, but if you have some on hand or a few spare dollars it won't do any harm. Always interested to hear other opinions.

Cheers mate.

i am almost out of my current pre workout (BN creatine, beta alanine, citruline malate and AAKG) was going to order more of the same, but order some creatine nitrate caps to see how they go

So which one of out of creatine, beta alanine, citruline malate and AAKG is supposed to have a tangible training effect, other than a sensory one (eg, tingles on the lips, face as flushed as after viagara)?

From personal experience, creatine does (strength increase, muscular endurance). Big question mark on beta-alanine. How about the others then?

So which one of out of creatine, beta alanine, citruline malate and AAKG is supposed to have a tangible training effect, other than a sensory one (eg, tingles on the lips, face as flushed as after viagara)?

From personal experience, creatine does (strength increase, muscular endurance). Big question mark on beta-alanine. How about the others then?

Tangible? Prob only the creatine and AAKG.

Would i use the others if not mixed in already? Probably not.

my sole purpose in a pre workout is to get the best pump I can, especially when dieting. If I get a extra rep or two, bonus.

I wouldn't be relying on Arginine for any pump. That was debunked years ago.
GMS is the way to go.

I've always had good pumps off arginine despite what your evidence suggests... I mean you don't even get anything out of creatine so it's a moot point [emoji14]

It's not a matter of responding or not, Arginine requires ridiculous amounts to do what they suggest it does. Creatine does not and works for most, Arginine in the doses taken does not.
I take Arginine I get zero pump over what I get without it, yet Ep1c produced serious pumps.
Double the dose next time. [emoji51]

I used to have 1250mg of arginine nitrate and it would give me pumps as good as ep1c. I don't know how nitrate relates to regular, I'd imagine its somewhat more effective so may be around the 2.5-3g max?

What is GMS?

I would be taking 5/5/5/5 of each as it it is pre mixed, and I take double the suggested dose. I occasionally add additional AAKG to the brew.

I used to have 1250mg of arginine nitrate and it would give me pumps as good as ep1c. I don't know how nitrate relates to regular, I'd imagine its somewhat more effective so may be around the 2.5-3g max?

I was speaking to Nick from BN and he said a nitrate will give the best pumps, so adding it to aranine would only add to the vasodilation I assume.

Yes. In a nutshell it shuttles other nutrients into the bloodstream. Add it to your current pre workout. You can get it from BN.