• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

3 Days of working out enough?

hop1308

I can only get to the gym on friday, saturday and sundays. Is that enough?
I do friday - triceps/chest, saturday- shoulders/legs and then sunday - biceps/back.

Is that all okay? I'm just starting so I wanted to know if it'll work for gains? Any critisism would be appreciated

I reckon 3 days would be good.. That's what i'm doing at the moment, exactly like yours in terms of body parts.

Though if you can space them out more, e.g. monday, wednesday and friday would be better, gives your body some rest..

Assuming that it is impossible for you to go to gym, the three days you can go is better than nothing.
Although for the long term and I mean after 3 months you will not be training at all. I guarantee.

You rest your body as a whole, you should do the same when working out, I mean- have you ever seen a man sleep while his legs are awake?
Posted via Mobile Device

i assume you're able to do body weight exercises when not at the gym, ie push up's, pull up's, bodyweight squats...burpee's.....

Alot of people seem to follow a 3 day split or 3 day full body. It will work, but you should definitley be doing some those other days to keep your metabolism burning. Even just a run or something like that. If you become serious about it you will want to start changing your schedule to fit something in during the week.

You rest your body as a whole, you should do the same when working out, I mean- have you ever seen a man sleep while his legs are awake?

Sleepwalking. :D

Listen to silverback he has the right of it, powerbuilder has some good points too. Go read the site and get some better training advice (there is a beginners look here thread that is just right for you). Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Only problem with the 3 day weekend warrior routine is if u go out on friday for drinks or stay up late its all red rover the other 2 days. Not much time for recovery. So your diet/rest has to be spot on.

word up to ceffdawgz.

the body needs sleep, if your doing fri,sat,sun you need min 8 hours each night = no pissups or late night whores.

thanks for all the help guys, but i figured i did need rest. I changed it up a bit, n now i do friday - triceps chest
saturday - rest
sunday - Biceps back

Do you guys reckon thats better? apart from lacking shoulders and legs, i thought id do shoulders and legs at home sometime during the week. Any improvements on this schedule would be appreciated

definitely train legs at the gym.

so you've got 3 consective days at the gym, make the most of it!

maybe,

friday
squats
bench press
+additional exercises for triceps/chest (anything you want really)

sat
rest = EAT and sleep.
that's all you have to do on saturday.

sunday
deadlifts
press
+anything you feel like for biceps/back

you say you can do shoulders and legs at home, i assume you have some weights at home?

don't neglect legs man, go sprinting on alternate days. hill sprints, weighted sprints. up to you. also smash the bodyweight exercises if you've got no equipment. im thinking chinups, pullups, dips, pushups etc. perhaps invest in a kettlebell for quick workouts at home?

personally, i think having well-developed shoulders is pretty cool. so i try to press as often as i can.

it's really up to you what you feel like doing, what i've written above is just what i'd tell my friend to do if he was in that situation. just do something consistently, eat well, sleep right. don't let the 'only 3 consecutive days of working out' be an excuse. once you see the results and feel motivated, maybe you could change your lifestyle around so you can go the the gym Mon/Wed/Fri or something similar.

good luck man, just start lifting today!