• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

13 year old girl Benches 240lb RAW

To outsiders, the sport is going to appear different to the likes of Sticky, who is in my opinion a huge stake holder, but sticky, people can have a view and should be able to comment.

I think you need to show a bit of patience as an embassador you need to be less attacking to members of AUSBB.

This is what makes this forum so fucking shit.

Here is a section for powerlifting. Some one posts something relevent to the topic. Few comments from people who know what they are talking about, the rest are regualr gym goers who dont have a clue and bag the shit out of it.

Its like all sports. If there is a rule for something you take full advantage of that rule with out breaking it.

Some one mentioned that equipped is a joke? Most people think you can just slip on a suit and you will double your lift first go. I think equipped lifting a twice as hard to do than raw lifting.

The problem with this forum is that there are far too many people have the "your wrong, Im right " attitude. I could post a picture of a red hat. Some one would then reply "that hat is more of a blue colour" then that would be followed by "this is clearly not a hat, you have no idea what you are talking about"

end rant..

Would you consider yourself a good representative to the sport.

"Few comments from people who know what they are talking about, the rest are regualr gym goers who dont have a clue and bag the shit out of it."

So here you are suggesting you know what you're talking about, the ones you don't agree with talk shit?

equipped is a joke? Most people think you can just slip on a suit and you will double your lift first go. I think equipped lifting a twice as hard to do than raw lifting.

Haha yeah, another example of what I am saying

"If I cut down and got shredded I'd be twice as good looking as that guy"
"If I arched my bench I could bench way more than that"
"If I lifted equipped I could total at least a grand"

Dunning?Kruger effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To outsiders, the sport is going to appear different to the likes of Sticky, who is in my opinion a huge stake holder, but sticky, people can have a view and should be able to comment.

I think you need to show a bit of patience as an embassador you need to be less attacking to members of AUSBB.

I'm a stakeholder on powerlifting, not AusBB, which is what I'm commenting on.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but these treads aren't the place to voice them as it brings the forum down.

I have lots of patience for people wanting to get involved or learn, not so much the people that continually post shit and bring the PL section down.

Also if there's a predicted 200+ for 2014 Nats then the entry requirements are far too easy. NATS should be for the elite.
You should not get to compete at a National event if you ate mediocre, it cheapens the event regardless of the sport.

Keeping back flat or a set distance part of the back can be lifted off bench.
I don't think that's too unreasonable.

To make sure the ROM is the same?

Re: your comment about 200+, thats why your not in charge of growing a sport.

Coming 9/20 at nats and being almost 200kg behind the winner of my class is what gave me my training fire back, limiting entries based on totals will hurt the sport in this growing phase.

PA/CAPO qualifying totals don't exactly make it "elite only". How many Australian lifters did CAPO/PA have at their Nats compared to GPC, i would say the level of lifting as a whole by the Australian lifters was higher at the one without qualifying standards.

Should runners be made to use the same technique they did in 1900? Or should new techniques be encouraged to continually push the envelope, not everyone can use sumo, or arch etc. It's about lifting the most weight within the confines of the rules.

Im probably partly to blame for the massive blow-ups in this thread. Sorry boys, calm down, we have a good crew of people here.

It was my comment about the lack of distance the bar moved with the girls bench press.

I wasn't having a shot at any one or any type of lifting, just an observation.

I cant see the big deal about any comment.

I say free speech to anything.

For me, I like it when people express dissent at the status quo.

While I recognise her bench style is within rules, I also feel style is a joke, especially when tall guys are limited by maximum width markings.

Having a rule related to shoulder width? Sounds reasonable to me.

As for serious powerlifters and bb's not liking site, who cares. plenty of options out there.

I like listening to Bazza and Silverback and others with a similar mentality.

I also enjoy what the diehard powerlifters have to say.

But the variety makes me think, not status quo accepting everything as if we all need to be serious.

I cant see the big deal about any comment.

I say free speech to anything.

For me, I like it when people express dissent at the status quo.

While I recognise her bench style is within rules, I also feel style is a joke, especially when tall guys are limited by maximum width markings.

Having a rule related to shoulder width? Sounds reasonable to me.

As for serious powerlifters and bb's not liking site, who cares. plenty of options out there.

I like listening to Bazza and Silverback and others with a similar mentality.

I also enjoy what the diehard powerlifters have to say.

But the variety makes me think, not status quo accepting everything as if we all need to be serious.

There is already a minimum stroke length for the bench press
The debate is asinine
How many of the nay-sayers even compete?

hey oni, why do you have to compete to have an opinion.

After all, we are talking about bench press, which virtually all of us on this forum have done many, many times.

Let me say it again, I don't think much of 3 inch movements.

And, if I can take this opportunity to digress, I don't think much of sumo deadlifts.

I don't think much of recent powerlifting comps in Australia when high squats are passed.

I don't think much of powerlifting feds that are not transparent.

And hey, I don't even powerlift.

Last edited:
hey oni, why do you have to compete to have an opinion.

After all, we are talking about bench press, which virtually all of us on this forum have done many, many times.

Let me say it again, I don't think much of 3 inch movements, period.

I know the IPF has a minimum stroke length of 15cm (can you confirm Ben?).

Some people are more flexible than others, i think they should be able to exploit that, benching with that much of an arch over a long period of time can be detrimental, if i recall Minh fractured a vertebrae arching.

In the end, it's a part of powerlifting, if you can arch that much, then do it, it's not like they are sacrificing getting strong to just arch more.

Should runners be made to use the same technique they did in 1900? Or should new techniques be encouraged to continually push the envelope, not everyone can use sumo, or arch etc. It's about lifting the most weight within the confines of the rules.

Can we discuss this?

You pick a shocking analogy.

But. You are right I think, it's complicated.

From a competition POV you'll find ways to make sure the bar moves the minimum distance required, this makes sense.

The consequence is huge potential for unjury, it's tricky.

In my mind and as a father seeing the 13yo lift the way she does, concerns me from a perspective of; will this girl be able to move when she is 40 if she continues to lift with this style?

I forget and keep forgetting that this is a sport, and I should just shuddup.
But just like any sport, as long as she is aware of the inherent dangers, then that's all good.

It's not my concern, she's not my child.

Good lift?
Good form?
Strong?

Yes, I recognise that all is done within rules.

I also recognise that the 13 year old is strong.

I just don't like it.

yes, this debate is worthwhile.

I think if powerlifting is ever to take off in the mainstream, which I doubt, some of the issues (like style) are relevant.

I would be surprised if the majority of lay people viewing powerlifting did not pick up on some of the style extremes.