• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Zhang Kong, Eleiko, Ivanko, Buffalo...

Zk's are awesome. So are elieko. My gym has eleiko that were purchased a few decades ago. They are STiLL being used as competition plates. Their that good.

I like the custom plates that AK has (for both customness and I like the rounded bumper shape). If money really were of no concern then I'd have them colour coded AND with a custom design on em :)

Eleiko competition bumpers are $30/kg on Buffalo's website! $600 a plate???! That couldn't be right could it?

ZK comp bumpers are $15/kg from AK, and their trainer plates are $10/kg (Am thinking about buying ZK trainers at this stage... $400 for a pair of 20's... and just buy 2 at a time over a couple of years so that the missus doesn't detect I've spent $4000 on plates)

Unless someone can suggest a good quality set of bumpers at a better price? Really hating on the economy ones from AK. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them except for the fact that they're chunky...

I'm using a ZK comp bar for all lifts from the ground... would be nice to have a full ZK set.

Aaron.

If I had all the money in the world then sure I would buy them but really unless your a professional oly lifter theres no point in getting them - maybe...maybe a good bar but again not really a must.

I would much rather spend my money on other bits of equipment - much more worthwhile for your avg lifter.

for general personal use, Aussie barbell do a pretty good job. Hart on the other hand...not so good. In fact, terrible.

If I had all the money in the world then sure I would buy them but really unless your a professional oly lifter theres no point in getting them - maybe...maybe a good bar but again not really a must.

I would much rather spend my money on other bits of equipment - much more worthwhile for your avg lifter.

yeah ill say, fancy plates don't make you lift anymore!

Yeah I had overlooked ABC...

Can't see prices on their site? Anybody have a rough idea as to $/Kg?

And how wide their 20's are?

They have a download section. The 25s are 6cm from memory.

I'm with the other guys. I don't get bumper plates at all, you're really going to struggle to get 300kg on the bar with them.

Eleiko competition bumpers are $30/kg on Buffalo's website! $600 a plate???! That couldn't be right could it?

ZK comp bumpers are $15/kg from AK, and their trainer plates are $10/kg (Am thinking about buying ZK trainers at this stage... $400 for a pair of 20's... and just buy 2 at a time over a couple of years so that the missus doesn't detect I've spent $4000 on plates)

Unless someone can suggest a good quality set of bumpers at a better price? Really hating on the economy ones from AK. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them except for the fact that they're chunky...

I'm using a ZK comp bar for all lifts from the ground... would be nice to have a full ZK set.

Aaron.

A few selections here.
Bumper Weight Plates - Best Range in Australia

Yeah I had overlooked ABC...

Can't see prices on their site? Anybody have a rough idea as to $/Kg?

And how wide their 20's are?

Here's a pdf or dimensions:

http://www.australianbarbellco.com/...-PLATE-DIMENSIONS/WEIGHT PLATE DIMENSIONS.pdf

I think Oliver's right, about 6cm for a 25 and less for the rest.

You can get calibrated plates and they have cheaper ones too. Sometimes they might have calibrated plates that are out by 20gms that they sell for a discount.

But unless you plan to do the oly lifts I'd save the money and get iron plates.

If money was no object I'd have a set of both, a good rack, a platform, and a bar for use in the cage and another for oly lifts.

It may be worth giving Craig at jME Weightlifting a cal. He's got a lot of basses covered in terms of plates and stuff.....