• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your Go-To Antiinflammatory. List them?

Going under anesthetic isn't without risk. Last I heard was something like 1 death in 40000. I've been told I need knee and ankle surgery. I'm not keen on getting operated on, told them I'll put up with it.

I sure as heck want to be put under properly wouldn't you? Rather than wake up half way through an op and see my body cut in half like a chump in a magic trick. Nah man, increase the dose doc, yep feels much better now cheers.

So back to what I was asking about, I note with interest the following article dealing with anti-inflammatory meds and liver function:
Anti-inflammatories: not to be taken lightly - Health Wellbeing

Since nurofen was rated low on the list, I went to Friendlies today and got a pack of those. Nurofen Zavance, like it's super advanced it needs a Z in the title. I've got a stiff neck today so I necked one and it seemed to do the trick. YOLO

[MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION] ; I woke while getting a 4" screw removed for my ankle, felt every thread and heard the drill clear as day.
Remember jolting up and people jumping onto me and than nothing, they must have jabbed with something again.
All I can say is thank fuck I didn't wake while they were chiseling the plate off, would have been worse I reckon.

Last edited:
Well that's freaky as hell [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION];, what is it with anesthetists acting like pussies. I bet this waking up shit happens a lot more often than we realise, it's just that most patients don't remember it after the second jab!

Fark that!
I've only been under once, told him I weigh a little more and he upped the dose. They couldn't wake me up afterwards lol

When I came to I tried to tell the kunce, but I was out of it and they basically didn't want to hear the story.
Sort of ignored me and I thought I dreamt it, but later when my head cleared i put the pieces together and had no doubt what happened.

I sure as heck want to be put under properly wouldn't you? Rather than wake up half way through an op and see my body cut in half like a chump in a magic trick. Nah man, increase the dose doc, yep feels much better now cheers.

So back to what I was asking about, I note with interest the following article dealing with anti-inflammatory meds and liver function:
Anti-inflammatories: not to be taken lightly - Health Wellbeing

Since nurofen was rated low on the list, I went to Friendlies today and got a pack of those. Nurofen Zavance, like it's super advanced it needs a Z in the title. I've got a stiff neck today so I necked one and it seemed to do the trick. YOLO

The risks are going to be pretty small when taking them for a day or two. I was taking prescription strength naproxen everyday for 4 and a half years before I had any issues.

In my mind the biggest issues with anti inflammatory medication is what it does to your intestinal lining.

Long term users often get stomach ulcers as things like ibuprofen use the cells of the lining somehow in their action.

a few years ago, a guy that worked in a real estate office I had a share in died from his ulcers eating through his stomach. Admittedly he was using a pack a day for quite some time, but essentially his stomach collapsed/'exploded

Yeah, always take on a full stomach. It will cause damage every time you don't. If it doesn't happen too often, your body will heal itself but ulcers are an avoidable problem - and it's easy enough to take the pills with a big glass of milk to save potential problems.

Hey ghosty, I've been taking Lyrica for 6-12 months. Deetz on your back pain and how long you were on the meds for. Remember when I squatted 180 in Markos' garage? That was the beginning of the end.... until I got cut

I would say that naproxen is hands down the best anti inflammatory you can get. The OTC brand name is naprogesic and they are 275mg tabs and a box of 12 or 24.
Works very good for all kinds of pain and you only need to take it twice a day. 550-1100mg is a good range. If you ask your doctor nicely then you can get what I prefer which is the 750-SR sustained release which you only need to take once a day. I never get any stomach issues off naproxen apart from if I take it and then lie down within 30 minutes which you should never do. It's the only thing that has ever made a dent in post injection pain for me also and works brilliantly for strained muscles. It's also amazing for arthritis and auto-immune pain and period pain but if you have something more serious like a degeneration of soft tissue then you may need something stronger for the pain such as nubaine or hydrocodone