• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Yogart

trofius

HEy all

what is the concensus on eating yogart as a post work out feed

Being about 8-10% protein, and similar carbs if you get a flavoured one.

I have been hitting about half a litre of yogart, 45g protein 50g carbs, with fruit etc in it, after my workouts and it seems to satisfy me quite well..

It is a pleasant change from just a post workout shake.

I am starting to have this too PWO 1 hr after my protein shake. I hope this is ok, but I have 1 cup of low fat yogurt or (greek yogurt) higher protein, 1/4 cup dried quick oats and a few blueberries. What do you all think?

If you have had your PWO shake then get into green vegies, animal protein (fish, chicken etc) and low GI carbs about 45 mins after other wise it's almost like having 2 PWO shakes.

But my work out is in the afternoon and by the time I come home it is aroung 10-10.15pm. I have had my protein shake by then, and 40 mins afterwards to 1 hr I will then have the yogurt PWO meal. so that will be about 11.15pm. I need a meal that is not going to be too heavy for that time of night.
What do oyu suggest I do?

Then forget PWO shake and just eat solid food consisitng or protien, green vegies and some fat (avocado, almonds etc)