• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wrist Wraps

kaz

iLift
Need them for PL.
Getting wrist pain when unracking the bar for bench.
What is the difference between getting a long and short one.
Which size would suit tiny wrists.
Which is the best brand?

Last edited:
Id be looking at your set up first.... Got a vid? Do you squat low bar?

UGE have good local wrist wraps. Get the smalls, no need for long ones.

Id be looking at your set up first.... Got a vid? Do you squat low bar?

UGE have good local wrist wraps. Get the smalls, no need for long ones.

Totally forgot about UGE - these would be good aswell!

I have 24" Titan MaxRPMs. These provide more than enough support and I am sure my wrists would be thicker than yours. They have enough stretch that I can do them tight enough to lose all feeling in my hands. You can just loosely wrap them if you have excess left over. You only need a little bit of tension to get enough support. Too tight and I find it actually hinders raw benching, as you can't squeeze the bar as hard.

They only come in one smaller size, 50cm. The only reason I would go for the smaller ones is for squatting, as they are quicker to wrap and less likely to get in the way.

If you are getting wrist pain from benching, I would look closely at how you grip the bar as well.

Her wrists are bent backwards when benching. Putting pressure. This has been noted that is the case.

I've ordered your wrist wraps from titan but the last time I saw u was over a week ago.

You definitely won't need the longs. Overkill for a chick.

My experiences: UGE wraps are a good cheap wraps. Titan THPs offer pretty good support and will probably last the longest due to their manufacturing quality. Metal Silvers are brutally (ready awesomely) stiff but are probably once again overkill for a chick.

I think Trent got me wraps from Titan, using them mostly precautionary as I dont train with a spotter.
When I bench next Im gonna be mindful of my wrists (theres some serious weight being benched here lol);)
Its going to be revisiting setup. Bench is probably my best lift.

Hmmm..... Wrists dont look like they are that bad in the vid.
Is a little hard to tell though.

Not the best vid, I never thought my setup was the problem, I think it was just a bad rack on particular session.

I find that my wrist (or hand?) is the weak link when doing flyes. Would wrist support straps help? Seems especially when into the 50-55lb DB range that left wrist/hand starts to struggle.
Surfing the web, Schiek wrist straps seem prominent. I have relatively 'thin' wrists, (broken them both simultaneously as a child, and 'green stick' fractured left wrist a few years after breaking both).