• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Maybe the question should be - what is better for egg production to feed humans? And not so much about the chicken as such - unfortunately they are simply there to produce a product for us to eat - that is all - of course in the process of this you never want it to be cruel but on the other hand you need to see the bigger picture and understand they are simply a machine in the process to produce a product - of course at the end of the day the better option is having animals free - but is is viable for companies, the earth etc to do things like this? Prob not.

Just like a caveman going out and killing a "defenseless" animal 100's of 1000's of years ago - that animal is simply used as meat to give live to something higher in the foodchain.

Maybe the question should be - what is better for egg production to feed humans? And not so much about the chicken as such - unfortunately they are simply there to produce a product for us to eat - that is all - of course in the process of this you never want it to be cruel but on the other hand you need to see the bigger picture and understand they are simply a machine in the process to produce a product - of course at the end of the day the better option is having animals free - but is is viable for companies, the earth etc to do things like this? Prob not.

Just like a caveman going out and killing a "defenseless" animal 100's of 1000's of years ago - that animal is simply used as meat to give live to something higher in the foodchain.

"What is better for egg production to feed humans? And not so much about the chicken as such - unfortunately they are simply th...."

i was was thinking about this also, and I came to the conclusion that (IMO) it is more the breed of the bird than its environment.

Interestingly, archeologists had recently discovered the bones of the first "chicken."

anybody know which country these where found?

Haven't read whole thread but depending on the price difference I would pay slightly more, but not at the current price difference, considering I can caged eggs 700g for about 2.80 and the equivalent free range about 2 - 2.5 times that

Mrs brought free range eggs because the caged were sold old. I cracked 5 of each into the pan and you couldn't tell the difference. Lol. Both had yolks of varying shades.

Not worth triple the price for something that you can't even tell the difference on.

I think the free range eggs you buy from the supermarket and the free range eggs you get off say a neighbour or the local farmer would play a big difference as well.. Sister in law has chooks and those eggs are far brighter and nicer

I also think the colour and such is dependent upon the breed of the bird more than whether the bird is happy or not?

"Home grown", farm eggs do taste better - but this is different to free range - free range they are simply walking around an open area - BUT they are being fed the same as a caged chicken - so there isn't really going to be much/if any difference at all from the egg quality point of view.

When it comes to farmed chickens - there are less of them, they are normally being fed a mix of chicken feed + scraps/left overseas etc - so normally the quality is better - but as mentioned this is totally different to free range.

People love the romantic notion of true free range but would hate the price if it was truly reflected by the requirements.

Last edited: