• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Workout Orientation: Your Opinion

E

Elrook

Hi all,

Although I am not specifically hitting the gym to build size, but rather using it to supplement my Triathlon training, I thought a body building forum would be the best place to ask this question.

I have been using the gym for a number of years and for the past 6 months have been gaining some great results from my workouts. Due to improved diet and knowledge.

However now I am looking to completely rewrite my program and my question is how does everyone orientate their workouts around their muscle groups? Ie. Do you for instance just hit the chest muscle groups one day, then Bicept's & Tricepts the next, then back muscle groups another, specifically legs one day, and specifically shoulders another. OR do you hit the Chest and Tri's in one session, then Back and bicepts in another etc.

What do you think the benefit is between each way? If at all?

there really isn't a huge amount of difference between them. Some people will respond slightly better to one, others will respond slightly better to the other, the difference isn't all that great i guess most of it comes down to time and what works for you

Compound exercises bring in more then 1 muscle group. So when doing these exercises, it's best to do the 2nd muscle group on the day, or a few days after. This lowers the chance of over training.

For example, the bench press builds your chest, but it secondly build the triceps. Training Triceps on the same day means they won't get over trained if you work them the next day, and also warms them up from the compound exercises.