• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Workout Of The Week - What Is The Safest Home Gym Workout?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Not everyone has a garage full of equipment that they can use , most are limited to a barbell and the bare equipment, as a result they feel nervous about lifting a barbell over their head when training alone

What is the safest home gym workout?

What are some tips to staying safe when working out at home?

Safest? Just polish your weights, that's fairly safe.

As always, there's a lot of options here. I'd probably have someone do something along the lines of the following:

- Zercher Squats (about to fail? just drop your arms) or Jefferson lift with low hips and upright torso.
- Press or Push Press (it may be intimidating, but you're much less likely to kill yourself doing these than doing banch press on your own).
- Just about any barbell row variation.
- Dips and pull ups.
- Deadlifts or RDLs.

I train calisthenics at home. I have an awesome pullup bar and a big enough yard so I just do circuits of pullups, pushups, HSPU, planches, sprints, burpees... everything.

I love pullups. :p

Can't beat BW stuff for safe effective workout.
Pistol squats, Burpees, push-ups, chins, dips.

Why nervous about lifting a barbell overhead alone? It's no different with someone there. You can't spot the overhead lifts anyway and they are the easiest to bail on if you fail.

Pistols, Sissy squats, Burpees, Box Jumps, Broad Jumps, Chins/pull ups, Bear crawls, Split Lunges, Dips and Push up variations are some of my favourite bw exercises.

I really dig the plyo stuff, find it fun but really challenging work to do.

Gear like the trx opens up the possibilities a lot as well. And put a skipping rope in my hands and I will happily do double unders until I drop. Love em!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Running around the block is always good too.

Something like a steel car ramp also may be good, can start with easy push ups off it, then turn around and use it to raise ur feet up to do them.

I think i would have a lot of trouble re motivation doing gym work at home

Cant go past the deck of cards.
If you finish that without seeing stars, sweating or dizzy youre doing it wrong. Only takes 15-20 mins and you are FUCKED