• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Workout Of The Week - What Is The Best Workout To Improve Your Squat?

if you need a broom to move out of the hole of a ghr why dont you just swallow your pride and set the ghr to an easier setting? lol

I use the lat pulldown machine a bit like this bloke for my GHR [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNaqjlxJF_0]Glute-Ham Raise performed on Lat-Pulldown Machine - YouTube[/ame]

What's the best alternative to a GHR? There's not one at my gym?

Problem is the knee flexion and the fact that most leg curl machine suck dick
If you have a lying leg curl machine with a break in the hips you can use that
Otherwise I'd do leg curls standing up with resistance bands or cable station
+ any hamstring exercise you can pile a load of weight on

I tried nordic curls before and they sucked balls, I could only do negatives lol, the concentric cramped my shit up pretty bad but I guess if you kept that them you'd get half decent at them but I don't think they are as good as GHR or RDL + leg curls

Problem is the knee flexion and the fact that most leg curl machine suck dick
If you have a lying leg curl machine with a break in the hips you can use that
Otherwise I'd do leg curls standing up with resistance bands or cable station
+ any hamstring exercise you can pile a load of weight on

I tried nordic curls before and they sucked balls, I could only do negatives lol, the concentric cramped my shit up pretty bad but I guess if you kept that them you'd get half decent at them but I don't think they are as good as GHR or RDL + leg curls
they are hard... and if you can only do negative does that mean u should not do them? thats like me saying i cant chin so ill only do lat pulldown.
as i said b4, a nordic curl is like a GHR on its hardest setting. only difference would be that you dont have this 12" of padding to kneel on

If you don't have a GHR fuck the nordic curls, there just a pain in the arse. Just pick any of the other of the good hammie exercises and hammer away at them.

GMs
RDLs
SLDLs
Back raises ect

I'd try Nordics, but if they were in my program I would hate them more and more every wweek.....

lol pain builds a stronger lifter :D

bazza, how are they a pain in the arse?

Too much fucking around for a half arsed exercise that is awesome at grinding your knees into a pulp. Trust me you don't squat much when your knees are rooted.

There are other good hammie exercises that can be done properly with just a bar, do them now and worry about GHRs later when you have access to one. Simple as that.