• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Workout Of The Week - What Is The Best Workout To Improve Your Squat?

Girl at work says its a 'good soreness' as opposed to an 'injured soreness' to let you know you did the right thing.

I wish both genders spoke the same language.

DOMs, the feeling of muscle growth after extreme over-exertion. The inability to get out of a chair or put your bra on. Its a silent trophy of achievement!

I eat 120g protein a day........

Best DOMs moment: 4 days of being unable to sit or walk up stairs because of straight wide leg deadlifts 20 rep sets at 40kgs

DOMs, the feeling of muscle growth after extreme over-exertion.

Has nothing to do with it besides a nice psychological feel that you have done something.

And protein intake also has nothing to do with whether you get DOMS or not Wingman.

It means you are de-conditioned to what you have done.

eg your first day on the job as a brick layer, odds are you will have DOMS

Really if you're constantly getting DOMS going to the gym you are probably doing something wrong.

Yeh there is only a few good exercises that increase strength in the squat and the mother of them all is "Lunges" a lunge done with the majority of work done with the front leg ie pushing up and lowing with front leg supporting the weight while the rear knee comes as close to the ground as physicals possible is great for increasing strength in the glutes and the hamstring especially if the hamstring is pre exhausted before the lunges.they also benefit the front of the quads to an extent and if the weight is focused there and if some leg extentions are super setted with them.THis has increased my squat to parallel by about 40 kg and makes my legs look crazy with cuts.

Hope this helps.

ya you cant just do them in the gym you need to get out on a carpark or footpath pref up hill for about 100 meters and use a lot of weight and go deep.I do them till i cant stand up any more.I know ive hit them hard when my legs quiver uncontrollably for the next 2 days.

What's wrong then? Why do I get DOMS in my calves if my form is good, diet and rest is adequate?

squats should be done at least 2x a week.

i like front squats for highbar, they help reinforce keeping your chest up.

form is a big thing, which improves from time under the bars, hence why you should squat multiple times a week .

20 reps are good but i dont think they're necessary, do them if you want lol.